- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the three essential requirements to produce fire? How fire extinguisher is useful for controlling the fire?
The three essential requirements to produce fire are as follows:
(i) Fuel (combustible substance)
(ii) Air (or oxygen) and
(iii) Heat to acquire the ignition temperature.
The fire extinguishers are useful for controlling fire in the following ways:
- The work of a fire extinguisher is to cut off the supply of air or bring down the temperature of fuel or both.
- The most common fire extinguisher is water. But water works only when things like wood and paper are on fire. Water extinguishes fire by cooling the burning substance.
- For fires involving electrical equipment and inflammable materials like petrol, then carbon dioxide (C02)is the best extinguisher. C02 being heavier than oxygen covers the fire like a blanket. Since the contact between the fuel and oxygen is cut off, so the fire can be controlled. The added advantage of C02 is that in most cases, it does not harm the electrical equipment.
- Related Articles
- Name the most common fire extinguisher.
- How does the foam type fire extinguisher work?
- What does a soda-acid type fire extinguisher contain? How does it work? Explain the working of acid fire extinguisher with the help of labeled diagram.
- How does the fire brigade put off fire?
- What is Fire Alarm?
- What is forest fire?
- Which is the best fire extinguisher for fires involving electrical equipment and inflammable materials like petrol?
- What is a Fire Alarm?
- A drum full of kerosene catches fire. What is the simplest way to put off this fire?
- If a person’s clothes catch fire, the best way to extinguish the fire is to(a) throw water on the clothes(b) use fire extinguisher(c) cover the person with a woolen blanket(d) cover the person with a polythene sheet
- Explain how water extinguishes the fire.
- How is the fire caused by electricity extinguished?
- If you see a person whose clothes are on fire, how will you extinguish the fire? Give a reason for your answer.
- The gas produced in the working of soda-acid type fire extinguisher iscarbon dioxideoxygensulphur dioxidehydrogen
- Fire HTML5 dragstart