- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the disadvantages of online shopping?
E-commerce has brought in a revolution in the shopping culture of India. Each and every day, the social networking sites, the print as well as the electronic media are flooded with advertisements from various e-commerce websites like Flipkart, Amazon, Myntra, Snap-deal, etc. These websites open up a plethora of options and give the customers the ease of shopping at their own pace with great deals and discounts each day.
However, while we enjoy the offers through online shopping, there are some negative aspects about them too which are:
Shopping for socializing − One of the amazing aspects of hands-on shopping at stores, malls and various shopping centers is also a chance to socialize, interact with different people, meeting your friend circle for shopping, etc. These little experiences disappear with a full onset of online shopping.
Hands-on experience − Online shopping takes away the hands-on experience one can actually get to feel the items of purchase right from electronics to clothing. This feeling also serves as an assurance about the validity and condition of the object which is just confined to visual experience through pictures in online shopping portals.
Hampers sales of retail shops − One of the major disadvantages of e-commerce which is evident in India today is that the retail shops are losing a large no. of customer due to an increase in online shopping which is eventually leading to losses in their business.
Issues with online payment − Except for the Cash-on-delivery mode of payment, the majority of the payments are done in e-commerce websites using Credit Cards, Debit Cards or mobile apps like Paytm etc. This kind of transaction poses a major threat with regards to the hacking of bank account along with data mining.
No immediate assistance − The customer cannot get the benefit of clearing doubts about the product which has to be purchased in online shopping. There is the presence of sales assistance in real-actual shopping and helps in building relations with sellers. This human touch to shopping is removed in e-commerce.
- Related Articles
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping?
- Why are online shopping sites becoming mobile shopping apps?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Online tutoring sites?
- What precautions must be taken while shopping online?
- Tips for securing online shopping
- Top credit card security tips while shopping online
- What are the disadvantages of consuming chocolate?
- What are the disadvantages of ODBC drivers?
- What are the advantages of cloth bags over plastic bags during shopping?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of smartphones?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of mergers?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of acquisition?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Antivirus?
- What are the disadvantages of Information Management Security?
- What are the disadvantages of issuing Bonus Shares?