- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the biggest misconceptions that Indians have about India?
Indians have many misconceptions about India. Some of them are carried forward for generations. There are some which influence the minds of the younger generation and can really harm the growth of the country. Let us look at some of the misconceptions and shocking truths behind them.
Hindi is the national language of India
This is not true, though our textbooks teach us that Hindi is the national language of India. It is definitely the official language of India. The Union Government of the Republic of India has 22 regional languages and English as official languages, as recognized by Article 343/1 of the Indian Constitution, but no language is declared as National language.
India has been officially Secular Since 1947
Initially, the word Secular was not added in the Preamble. It is with the 42nd Amendment of the Constitution of India enacted in 1976, the Preamble to the Constitution asserted that India is a secular nation. The Indian constitution or laws do not define the relationship between religion and state. India does not have an official state of Religion.
Hockey is the National sport of India
We as students in the primary classes have always learned from the textbooks that Hockey is the National Sport of India. The fact is that India has won 6 consecutive hockey Olympics gold medals from 1928 to 1956. It has gained a lot of popularity, and perhaps parlance to the National game. But it is never officially declared as the national game of the country. It was clarified by the Union ministry of youth affairs and sports while responding to an RTI query that there is no national game for India and perhaps "It's known to be a national game in general parlance,"
- What are the things that make Indians sad?
- What is the biggest cultural shock you have ever faced?
- What is the best answer to the question about your biggest weakness?
- What are the causes of asthma and the misconceptions associated with it?
- What is the biggest loss you have ever in your life?
- What are some facts about forests in India which everyone should know?
- What are the biggest data breaches of 2021?
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned being in the corporate world?
- Which is the biggest market for precious metals in India?
- What are some of the biggest failures of Microsoft?
- Explain about financial system in India.
- What are the myths about Dimensional Modeling?
- What are all the common undefined behaviours that a C++ programmer should know about?
- What do you know about the train with no engine India just launched?
- Indians are the best kabaddi players in the world which means they have the basic grappling and dodging skills needed in rugby. So, why isn’t rugby growing in India?