- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the advantages of sexual reproduction over asexual reproduction?
Sexual reproduction brings about maximum variations in the offsprings as it involves the fusion of two different gametes (male and female gametes) from two different individuals.
Sexual reproduction gives more viable variations than asexual variations because,
(i) Insignificant error while copying DNA
(ii) Random segregation between paternal and maternal chromosomes during gamete formation.
(iii) accumulations of variations during sexual reproduction over generations and selection.
(iv) due to the huge and wide diversity of nature.
The basic difference between the asexual and sexual methods of reproduction are:
|Asexual Reproduction||Sexual Reproduction|
|In asexual reproduction, the offspring arises from a single type of parent.||In sexual reproduction, the offspring arises from two different sexes of parents or involves two different types of gametes.|
|Example: Amoeba, Hydra, Planaria, Spirogyra, etc.||Example: Dog, Tiger, Human being, etc.|
- Count of a, b & c after n seconds for given reproduction rate in C++
- What are the advantages of CSS?
- What are the advantages of SIEM?
- What are the advantages of stored procedures?
- What are the advantages of using Cucumber?
- What are the advantages of Share Buyback?
- What are the advantages of Symmetric Algorithms?
- Advantages of vector over the array in C++?
- Advantages of using MySQLi over MySQL?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of smartphones?
- What are the advantages of C++ Programming Language?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of mergers?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of acquisition?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Antivirus?
- What are the advantages of Information Management Security?