- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are sex hormones? Why are they named so? State their function.
Sex hormones are those hormones which are secreted by testis in males (Testosterone hormones) and ovaries in females (Estrogens hormones).
They are named so because these hormones are responsible for regulating secondary male and female characteristics.
Secondary sexual characteristics are those characteristics that are not directly involved in reproduction and emerge during puberty due to the result of hormonal changes in the body.
Functions of Estrogen
In females, the primary function of estrogen is the development of secondary sexual characteristics such as the Enlargement of mammary glands (breasts), High pitch voice, Widening of pelvis and hips, Initiation of ovulation and menstruation, maturation of secondary sex organs like fallopian tubes, uterus.
Functions of Testosterone
In males, the primary function of testosterone is the development of secondary sexual characteristics such as Deepening of voice, Widening of shoulders, Narrowing of hips, Upper body muscular build, Appearance of beard and moustaches, and the growth of sex organs such as penis and testes.
- Why are there two Irelands? What are they called independently?
- Why are superstitions so prevalent in India?
- What are Pagoda’s and why they were built?
- What are Microwaves? What are they used for?
- What are named parameters in C#?
- Why iPhone's are so costly in India?
- How are days named?
- How to position Tkinter widgets so that they are not stuck together?
- What are contra entries and how are they recorded?
- What are A-shares and how are they traded?
- What are carbohydrates? What are their advantages and disadvantages?
- Why are lays and kurkure so loved by the youth?
- What are FIRST and FOLLOW and how they are computed?
- What Are Krugerrands and What Do They Mean?
- What are "named tuples" in Python?
- Why are Python exceptions named "Error" (e.g. ZeroDivisionError, NameError, TypeError)?