- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
We should not allow mosquitoes to breed in our surroundings because they
(a) multiply very fast and cause pollution
(b) are vectors for many diseases
(c) bite and cause skin diseases
(d) are not important insects
Correct Answer: (b) are vectors for many diseases
Vector-borne diseases are caused by the transmission of an infection to humans and other animals by blood-feeding anthropods such as mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas.
For example, Mosquitos are the vector of Chikungunya disease caused by Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), Dengue caused by Dengue virus (DENV), Zika fever caused by Zika virus, and Malaria caused by Plasmodium. Vectors are the anthropods that act as a host for viruses.
Humans cannot be referred to as vectors but the carriers of common infectious diseases such as typhoid, HIV, C. difficile, influenzas, cholera, tuberculosis, and COVID-19.
- How many diseases are spread by mosquitoes?
- What are some tips to keep mosquitoes away in our homes?
- When should we write our own assignment operator in C++?
- Are our dreams basically what we are?
- When should we write our own assignment operator in C++ programming?
- Why should we do our duty but leave the result to god?
- Should we focus on character building or prepare our children for the cut-throat race?
- How many types of Result Sets are there in JDBC What are they?
- Python a += b is not always a = a + b
- What are Microwaves? What are they used for?
- Find (a^b)%m where ‘a’ is very large in C++
- How to multiply two vectors in R as in mathematics?
- What are A-shares and how are they traded?
- Why should we not store a number into a MySQL ENUM column?
- Is it true that we should not add salt to curd?