UX/UI Design Fundamentals. From Beginner to Intermediate.
Understand Design at a deeper level and stregthen your design skills.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This course covers the UX/UI Design fundamentals and teaches you a few advanced ideas so that both levels ( beginner and intermediate ) can benefit from the course. I dive deep into how to design correctly so that at the end of the course you will be able to design your own software products, you will be able to land an internship, or even work in a company as a designer. This course makes you understand what design is and how to think like a designer because that's the most important skill that you need as a designer. ( the technical stuff comes with time )
A quick overview of some of the topics the course has:
- What is UI and what is UX Design, what really design stands for, how design makes our life easier.
- What’s the difference between UX and UI and how do they work together to create a good design.
- Design Thinking
- What is User Persona, User Journey/flow.
- What are the principles of good interface design.
- Typography, Colors, Images and Font combinations.
- Psychology of colors.
- User Research, Intuitive Design
- Usability Testing
- Responsive Design
- and others.
This course doesn't teach you Sketch, or Adobe XD or Figma. This course will teach you design, not just playing with the tools, because that's the easiest part.
What will you learn in this course:
- The goal of this course is to understand Design at a deeper level and to have all the knowledge that you need in order to mater the art of design.
- After the course you will have a greater understanding of how is it to design something.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- This course does not have any prerequisites.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 04:10 04:10
- What Design Is 11:13 11:13
- What is UX and UI design ? The difference between the two 07:13 07:13
- UX Design: User Persona 06:46 06:46
- UX Design: User Research 06:22 06:22
- UX Design: User Flow, Wireframes, Prototypes 08:33 08:33
- UI Design: Visual Design Principles 10:29 10:29
- UI Design: Typography, The psychology of colors & how to use colors in UI 12:30 12:30
- Design Thinking: Understanding what Matters 02:42 02:42
- UX/UI Design Process 01:12 01:12
- Case Study: Designing for kids 02:26 02:26
- Responsive Design 03:07 03:07
- Microcopy 07:02 07:02
- Tips: The F-Pattern, Button Design, Shadows Design, Correct Labelling 04:19 04:19
Alex MateiSoftware Engineer
I'm Alex, an analytical but creative person. I started to program and design when I was young by pure coincidence ( I was mainly driven by curiosity :) ). Fell in love with programming & design and I have improved my skills day by day. I have worked for several companies as a Designer and as a Software Engineer, moreover, I have also been a Freelancer. In addition to this, I studied Informatics at college because that's what I was passionate about and now I am grateful to pass on what I have learned over these years.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now