Using LRFD to design Highway Bridge Superstructures, Part 4
LRFD - Highway Bridge Superstructures, Part 4
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This course gives a brief introduction to LRFD application to the design of Highway Bridge Superstructures. It will shed some light on the design philosophy of LRFD. It will show the Design truck loading and lane loading used for the design of the Superstructure. It will consider both concrete girder bridges and steel bridges. This course presents the theory, methodology, and application for the design and analysis of both steel and concrete highway bridge superstructures.
What will you learn in this course:
- Structural Design of Bridge Superstructures.
- Chapter 6 provides valuable information for the design of steel girder superstructures, including LRFD girder
- verifications for constructibility, service, fatigue and fracture, flexure, and shear, as well as design provisions for various
- steel superstructure details.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basics of structural analysis.
- Design of Steel Structures.
- Design of Concrete Structures.
- A good exposure to the civil engineering basics.
- Using LRFD to design Highway Bridge Superstructures, Part 3.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 02:57 02:57
Chapter 6 : Steel Girder Superstructures
I am a Civil Structural Engineer with a Master's degree in Civil Engineering from SDSU SD USA, 4 Professional Engineer licenses in Canada and over 20 years of exposure to Civil Engineering from Canada, USA and Egypt. Currently, and since April 2015, I have been working with a consultant from Klamath Falls OR USA as a Licensed Engineer II. I have reviewed and approved/ stamped many Canadian projects since then. I have taught in 2 Engineering colleges in BC, Canada.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now