- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Under what conditions permanent electromagnet is obtained if a current carrying solenoid is used? Support your answer with the help of a labelled circuit diagram.
Solenoid: A solenoid is a long coil that contains a large number of close turns of insulated copper wire. Its ends are connected to a battery B through a switch X.
The magnetic field pattern of a current-carrying solenoid resembles that of a bar magnet.
The magnetic field lines inside a solenoid are in the form of parallel straight lines. This pattern of field lines indicates that the strength of the magnetic field is uniform (same at all points) inside the solenoid.
Ways to increase the magnetic field strength of a current-carrying solenoid:
1. Increasing the number of turns in the solenoid.
2. Increasing the flow of current through the solenoid.
3. Using a soft iron rod as core in the solenoid.
A soft iron rod should be put inside a current-carrying solenoid to make an electromagnet because it can be magnetized and demagnetized easily.
- What is the best answer to why do you want to switch your current job?
- What is the best answer to the question about your biggest weakness?
- Magnetic Field around a Current Carrying Conductor
- What is a Permanent Magnet Stepper Motor?
- What is a Support Vector Machine?
- Force on a Current Carrying Conductor in a Magnetic Field
- What to do if the high expectations of your parents put you under a lot of pressure?
- What is a Fake Tech Support Scam?
- What is a use of SQLWARN3 in a SQLCA? Explain with the help of a practical example?
- What is a Current Transformer?
- What is Support Counting?
- What is the use of the VALUE function in a DB2? Explain with the help of an example
- Is there a way to know your current username in MySQL?
- What is the purpose of COALESCE function? Explain with the help of an example.
- What happens to the current MySQL transaction if the session is ended in the middle of a transaction?
- What is the method with the help of which the hexadecimal value can be treated as a number?