- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
To find sum of three numbers 14,27 and 13 , we can have two ways:
(a) We may first add 14 and 27 to get 41 and then add 13 to it to get the total sum 54 or
(b) We may add 27 and 13 to get 40 and then add 14 to get the sum 54 . Thus, $ (14+27)+13=14+(27+13) $
This can be done for any three numbers. This property is known as the associativity of addition of numbers. Express this property which we have already studied in the chapter on Whole Numbers, in a general way, by using variables $ a, b $ and $ c $.
We have to express the given property in a general way, by using variables \( a, b \) and \( c \).
Let $a=14, b=27, c=13$
For any three whole numbers $a, b$ and $c$
$(a + b) + c = a + (b + c)$
- C++ program to find nth term of the series 5, 2, 13 41,...
- C++ program to find Nth term of the series 5, 13, 25, 41, 61…
- MongoDB - How to get the sum of two columns and save it to another column?
- Program to find number of ways we can get a number which is sum of nth power of unique numbers in Python
- C program to find sum and difference of two numbers
- C++ Program to get largest sum we can make from 256 and 32 from digits
- Why do we get a mail first on our smartphone and then on a desktop?
- C++ Program to find ways to get a and b numbers of chores by brothers
- Maximum sum rectangle in a 2D matrix | DP-27 in C++
- Python tuples are immutable then how we can add values to them?
- Maximum Sum Increasing Subsequence | DP-14 in C++
- Program to find number of ways we can arrange symbols to get target in Python?
- How to aggregate sum in MongoDB to get the total count?
- How to find the sum of rows, columns, and total in a matrix in R?
- Can we get total number of rows in a MySQL database?