- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Theme of International Women’s Day 2018: #PressforProgress
International Women’s Day is held to celebrate the achievements of women across the world. This day is also popular as the United Nations (UN) day for Women’s Rights and International Peace. Some countries declare it a Public Holiday while some governments offer holiday only to their women employees.
The logo of International women’s day is in purple and white featuring the symbol of Venus for female. So, women prefer to wear purple, white and mostly pink on women’s day.
When is it Celebrated?
During 1975, the United Nations began celebrating International Women’s Day on March 8th. The idea of celebrating International women’s day was observed during the Socialist’s international meeting in Copenhagen in 1910 but a fixed date was not selected then.
It was during 1914 when women held rallies on March 8th to protest against the World War-I and also to express solidarity with other activists. But only the socialist movements and communist countries used to celebrate this women’s day until the United Nations began celebrating it on the same March 8th in 1975.
What do They do?
Various events are held worldwide to discuss Women Empowerment and the scope for improvement. Usually, women from various fields who are politicians, social workers, educationists, business leaders, entrepreneurs, inventors, television presenters, investors, activists, etc. speak at various events organized at various places. They present and discuss ideas of gender parity in workplaces as well, so as to promote the women empowerment.
The Theme of International Women's Day 2018
The recent World Economic Forum’s report clarifies the bitter fact that the gender gap is being more regarding the progress in Economic Participation and Opportunity, Educational Attainment, Health, and Survival and Political Empowerment. As it is a high time to press forward and progress gender parity, the campaigning theme for the International Women’s day 2018 is “Press For Progress”. Where the entire women force will be fighting and standing up for themselves and their other female counterparts.
At the end of it all, it's we Women who have to help ourselves. We have to be the woman who stands up for another woman rather than being the one who is ready to point out or pulls another lady down !!
- How to Celebrate International Women's Day?
- World Autism Awareness Day 2nd April 2018: Is Autism curable?
- Why You Should Wear Purple on International Women's Day
- World Diabetes Day 2018: Here Are The Tips to Prevent Diabetes In Young Children And Teens
- Women’s Casual Wear
- Women’s Ethnic Wear
- International Classification of Diseases
- Influence of Fashion Trends On Women’s Wear
- Consumers International
- Explain International System Of Numeration.
- How does consumption of milk affect women’s health?
- How to change Firefox Browser theme?
- The given distribution shows the number of runs scored by some top batsmen of the world in one-day international cricket matches.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of International Marketing
- Difference Between Men’s Suit & Women’s Suit