- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The term sericulture is used for
(a) culture of bacteria
(b) rearing of silkworm
(c) making silk fabric from silk yarn
(d) production of sarees
Correct Answer: (b) rearing of silkworm
Explanation: The breeding, rearing or management of silkworms for the production of silk is known as sericulture.
- Related Articles
- Reeling of silk is(a) a process of making silk reels(b) spinning of silk fibres(c) weaving of silk cloth(d) the process of taking silk threads from cocoon
- The rearing of silkworms for obtaining silk is called-
- The rearing of silkworms for obtaining silk is calledcocoonsilksericulturesilviculture
- Out of the following, which are the two terms related to silk production? Sericulture, floriculture, moriculture, apiculture and silviculture.(i) Silk production involves cultivation of mulberry leaves and rearing silkworms.(ii) Scientific name of mulberry is Morus alba.
- Cultivation of mulberry leaves for silk production is called-
- Describe the two main processes of making fabric from yarn.
- One way of making fabric from yarn is weaving, what is the other?
- Which of the following is not a type of silk?Mulberry silkTassarsilkMooga silk Moth silk
- India is the largest consumer of-A. cotton B. silk C. nylon D. jute
- Define the term Silk.
- Silk production is done by which country?
- State whether the following statements are True or False. If false, correct them.(a) Silkworms are caterpillars of silk moth.(b) In India, camels and goats are generally reared for obtaining wool.(c) The rearing of silkworms for obtaining silk is called silviculture.(d) In the process of obtaining wool from fleece, sorting is done after scouring.(e) Yak hair are not used to make woollen fabric.
- Which set of substances is not used for making fibres?Silk, chemicalsYak hair, camel hairHusk, bonesFlax, wool
- Which one of the following is obtained from animals- (A) Flax (B) Silk (C) Jute (D) Polyesterâ€Š
- Make sketches of the two stages in the life history of the silk moth which are directly related to the production of silk.