- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The table below shows the daily expenditure on food of 25 households in a locality.
|Daily expenditure ( in Rs ):||100-150||150-200||200-250||250-300||300-350|
|Number of households:||4||5||12||2||2|
Find the mean daily expenditure on food by a suitable method."
Given:The daily expenditure on the food of 25 households in a locality.
We have to find the mean daily expenditure on food by a suitable method.
Let the assumed mean be $A=225$.
The mean daily expenditure on food is Rs. 211.
- Related Articles
- The table below shows the daily expenditure on food of 25 households in a locality Daily expenditure ( in Rs ):100-150150-200200-250250-300300-350Number of households:451222 Find the mean daily expenditure on food by a suitable method.
- The following distribution shows the daily pocket allowance of children of a locality. The mean pocket allowance is Rs. 18. Find the missing frequency $f$.
- Given below is a cumulative frequency distribution table showing the ages of people living in a locality.
- The table given below shows the various ways in which plants reproduce.
- The table given below shows the population (in thousands) of men and women in a village in different years.
- The following cumulative frequency distribution table shows the daily electricity consumption (in kW) of 40 factories in an industrial state:
- The diagram given below shows the position of elements in a portion of the periodic table. Ionic compound is formed between ………. and ………
- The expenditure (in 10 crores of rupees) on health by the Government of India during the various five year plans is shown below:
- What is the healthiest and the cheapest food to eat daily?
- Jamila sold a table and a chair for â‚¹ 1050, thereby making a profit of 10% on a table and 25% on the chair. If she had taken a profit of 25% on the table and 10% on the chair she would have got â‚¹ 1065. Find the cost price of each.
- The following table shows the ages of the patients admitted in a hospital during a year:
- Given below are the daily wages of 200 workers in a factory:Daily wages (in Rs).240-300300-360360-420420-480480-540Number of workers:2030204090Calculate the mean daily wages.
- The following table gives the distribution of total household expenditure (in rupees) of manual workers in a city.Expenditure (in rupees) ($x_i$)Frequency ($f_i$)Expenditure (in rupees) ($x_i$)Frequency ($f_i$)100-15024300-35030150-20040350-40022200-25033400-50016250-30028450-5007Find the average expenditure (in rupees) per household.
- Draw a histogram for the daily earnings of 30 drug stores in the following table:\n
- Write the difference between capital expenditure and revenue expenditure?