- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The phenomenon of electromagnetic induction is
$(a)$. the process of charging a body.
$(b)$. the process of generating magnetic field due to a current passing through a coil.
$(c)$. producing induced current in a coil due to relative motion between a magnet and the coil.
$(d)$. the process of rotating a coil of an electric motor.
The correct answer is: $(c)$ producing induced current in a coil due to relative motion between a magnet and the coil.
The change in magnetic field lines in a coil is the cause of induced electric current in it, and this phenomenon is known as Electromagnetic induction.
Electromagnetic Induction is a process where a conductor placed in a changing magnetic field $(or\ a\ conductor\ moving\ through\ a\ stationary\ magnetic\ field)$ causes the production of an Electro-Motive Force $(Voltage)$ across the electrical conductor.
The process of electromagnetic induction works in reverse as well, so that a moving electrical charge generates a magnetic field.
The below diagram shows the experiment of electromagnetic induction with the help of a galvanometer, a coil, and a magnet.
- When the magnet is moved up toward the coil, the magnetic field increases which shows deflection in the needle of the galvanometer.
- When the magnet moves down, the magnetic field in the coil decreases which can be observed as a deflection in the galvanometer.
- When the magnet is not moved, there is no deflection observed in the galvanometer.
- What is the process of pipelining?
- What is the process of KDD?
- What are the different states of a Process?
- The Five Stages of a Capital Budgeting Process
- What is the purpose of a process control block (PCB)?
- How to change the root directory of the current process in Python?
- What is the Process of Text Mining?
- Magnetic Field around a Current Carrying Conductor
- Show that the whole compilation process for statement A = B * C + 20, where A, B, C are of real types
- What happens to a PCB when the state of a process changes?
- How to get the parent process of the Process API in Java 9?
- Rotating Magnetic Field in a 3-Phase Induction Motor
- What is the process of data warehouse design?
- Count the number of threads in a process on linux
- How to traverse a process tree of Process API in Java 9?
- Get a specific field of the current type C#