- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The name of the compound CH3 â€” CH2 â€” CHO is
Correct Answer: (a) Propanal
Explanation: Propanal consists of 3 carbon atoms and an aldehyde which add suffix al to 3 carbon compound.
- Related Articles
- Which of the following is the formula of Butanoic acid(a) CH3CH2CH2CH2COOH(b) COOH-CH2-CH2-CH2-CH3(c) CH3- CH- CH2-CH3Â Â IÂ Â COOH(d) CH2- CH2-CH2-COOH
- (a) Write the name and formula of an organic compound containing a ketone functional group.(b) Write the names and formulae for the first three members of the homologous series of chloroalkanes. (c) How would you name the following compound? CH3-CH2-Br
- CH3â€“CH2â€“OH + Alkaline KMnO4 + Heatâ†’ CH3â€“COOH In the above-given reaction, alkaline KMnO4 acts asreducing agent oxidising agentcatalystdehydrating agent
- The heteroatoms present in CH3 â€” CH2 â€” O â€” CH2â€” CH2Cl areoxygencarbonhydrogenchlorine(a) (i) and (ii)(b) (ii) and (iii)(c) (iii) and (iv)(d) (i) and (iv)
- The hetero atoms present in: CH3 â€“ CH2 â€“ O â€“ CH2 â€“ CH2Cl are:oxygencarbonhydrogenchlorine(a) (i) and (ii)(b) (ii) and (iii)(c) (iii) and (iv)(d) (i) and (iv)
- Give the IUPAC name of the following compound: C3H7OH
- What is the common name of the compound CaOCl2?
- Name the functional group present in CH3COCH3 and state the name of this compound.
- (a) Friedrich Wohler converted an inorganic compound into an organic compound in the laboratory.(i) Give the name and formula of inorganic compound. (ii) Write the name and formula of organic compound formed. (b) Give the molecular formula of butane and mention the names of its two isomers. Name one fuel which contains both these isomers.
- Name the sodium compound, which is used, for softening hard water.
- Name a cyclic unsaturated carbon compound.
- If the valency of carbon is 4 and that of sulphur is 2, work out the formula of the compound formed by the combination of carbon with sulphur. What is the name of this compound?
- (a) Name one ionic compound containing chlorine and one covalent compound containing chlorine.(b) How will you find out which of the water soluble compound A or B is ionic?
- (a) Name a sodium compound used for softening hard water.(b) Which compound of calcium is used for disinfecting drinking water supply? (c) Name a metal compound which has detergent properties (cleansing properties). (d) Name one compound of calcium which is used for removing colour of a coloured cloth. (e) State a peculiar (or remarkable) property of plaster of Paris. (f) Name the substance obtained by the action of chlorine on solid (dry) slaked lime.
- Compound X and aluminium are used to join railway tracks. (a) Identify the compound X (b) Name the reaction (c) Write down its reaction.