- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The father's age is six times his son's age. Four years hence, the age of the father will be four times his son's age. The present ages, in years, of the son and the father are, respectively
(A) 4 and 24
(B) 5 and 30
(C) 6 and 36
(D) 3 and 24
The father\'s age is six times his son\'s age. Four years hence, the age of the father will be four times his son\'s age.
To find :
We have to find the present ages of father and son.
Let the present ages of the son and the father be $x$ and $y$ respectively.
Age of the son after 4 years $= x+4$
Age of the father after 4 years $= y+4$.
$y+4 = 4[x+4]$
$y+4 = 4x+16$
$y = 4x+16-4$
$y = 4x+12$.....(ii)
Substituting (i) in (ii), we get,
The present age of the son is $6$ years and the present age of the father is $36$ years.
- Can the father’s diet affect his child’s health?
- How to calculate age in years from birthdate in MySQL?
- What is the Stone Age culture?
- What is the new age definition of feminism?
- How to create a view on table TAB1 for column Name, age, enrollmentId & age > 10 years. >
- What is the best age to have kids?
- C program to calculate age
- MySQL query to count frequency of students with the same age?
- How can we find the employees from MySQL table whose age is greater than say 30 years, providing the only date of birth on the table?
- Querying age from DOB in MySQL?
- Getting age of tracefiles in SAP HANA database
- Calculate age from date of birth in MySQL?
- How to find the age when date of birth is known? Using Java?
- What are the changes that occur in our body with the increase of age?
- GROUP BY array of document to get the count of repeated Age values
- Calculate age based on date of birth in MySQL?