- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The diagonal of a rectangular field is 60 metres more than the shorter side. If the longer side is 30 metres more than the shorter side, find the sides of the field.
The diagonal of a rectangular field is 60 meters more than the shorter side.
The longer side is 30 meters more than the shorter side.
We have to find the sides of the field.
Let the length of the shorter side be $x$ m.
This implies, the length of the longer side$=x+30$ m.
The length of the diagonal$=x+60$ m.
We know that,
In a right-angled triangle, the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. (Pythagoras theorem)
Solving for $x$ by factorization method, we get,
$x+30=0$ or $x-90=0$
$x=-30$ or $x=90$
Length cannot be negative. Therefore, the value of $x$ is $90$.
The lengths of the sides of the field are $90$ m and $120$ m.
- Python Pandas - Check if the interval is open on the left side
- Python Pandas - Check if the interval is open on the right side
- Python Pandas - Check whether the interval is closed on the left-side, right-side, both or neither
- Check if the frequency of any character is more than half the length of the string in Python
- How to move the Y-axis ticks from the left side of the plot to the right side in matplotlib?
- Python Pandas - Check if an Interval is closed on the left side
- Python Pandas - Check if an Interval is closed on the right side
- C++ program to find the side of the Octagon inscribed within the square
- Python Pandas - Check if an interval is empty if closed from the left side
- Is Microsoft more successful than Apple?
- Python Pandas - Check whether the IntervalIndex intervals are closed on the left-side, right-side, both or neither
- Python Pandas - Check whether the intervals in IntervalArray are closed on the left-side, right-side, both or neither
- Find coordinates of the triangle given midpoint of each side in C++
- What happens if the substring is there for more than one time in the string given as the arguments of LOCATE() function?
- Write a MySQL query where length of the records is longer than 1?
- Program to find the left side view of a binary tree in C++