- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The correct sequence to get cloth is
- fibre → fabric → yarn
- fibre → yarn → fabric
- fabric → yarn → fibre
- yarn → fibre → fabric
Correct answer: (b) fibre → yarn → fabric
Explanation: Yarn is a long, continuous thread made of natural or synthetic fibres.
Yarn can be of different types according to their structure:
- A single yarn is produced by twisting staple fibers together.
- A ply yarn is produced by twisting two or more single yarns together.
- A cord yarn is produced by twisting two or more ply or folded yarn.
The process of converting fibre into fabric involves spinning and weaving or knitting.
Spinning is the process of making yarn from fibres.
Weaving and knitting are the two methods to convert yarn into fabric. Weaving is the process of arranging two sets of yarn together to make a fabric whereas in knitting, a single yarn is used to make a fabric.
The steps of making fabric can be written as:
Preparation of yarn
When two sets of yarn are involved, yarns are woven on looms to make a fabric.
- How important are traditions to maintain fabric of the society?
- What is Fibre Optic Cable?
- How to wash shoes made up of cloth at home?
- Difference between Optical fibre and Coaxial cable
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Fibre optic Cable?
- MySQL query to get the next number in sequence for AUTO_INCREMENT field?
- C# Program to get distinct element from a sequence
- The correct way to work with HTML5 checkbox
- Compute the correct cash book balance
- The correct way to trim a string in Java.
- What is the correct way to define class variables in Python?