- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The autotrophic mode of nutrition requires
- carbon dioxide and water.
- all of the above.
Correct Answer: (d) All the above
Explanation: The mode of nutrition in which organisms make their own food by the process of photosynthesis is known as the autotrophic mode of nutrition. Photosynthesis is the process by which green plants make their own food using raw materials like sunlight, chlorophyll, water, and carbon dioxide.
Photosynthesis is a process by which plants make their own food in the presence of sunlight, carbon dioxide, water, minerals, and chlorophyll present in leaves.
1) Plants take up carbon dioxide from the atmosphere through the tiny pores known as stomata present on the surface of the leaves.
2) Plants absorb the water and minerals from the soil with the help of roots and transport them to the leaves of the plant, where the synthesis of food takes place.
3) The green pigment, chlorophyll, present in plant leaves, helps the leaves to capture sunlight. Sunlight is the source of energy to carry out photosynthesis.
4) In the presence of sunlight, chlorophyll acts on carbon dioxide, minerals, and water to produce carbohydrates. These carbohydrates are stored in the plant's leaves in the form of energy.
5) The process of photosynthesis also releases oxygen into the atmosphere.
- How does exercise affect the rate of carbon dioxide production?
- Differentiate between infrastructure mode and the ad hoc mode of IEEE 802.11
- Private browsing mode of the web browsers
- What are the health benefits of drinking jeera water daily?
- What are the health benefits of rice water for babies?
- What is the use of IGNORE_SPACE SQL mode?
- What is the use of ALLOW_INVALID_DATES SQL mode?
- What is the architecture of Asynchronous Transfer Mode?
- What is the difference between on, over, and above?
- Return the Upper triangle of an array and set the diagonal above to zero elements in Numpy
- Return the Upper triangle of an array and zero elements just above the main diagonal in Numpy
- Types of Electric Water Heater (Plate Heater, Immersion Water Heater, Geyser)
- How to use the water high in fluoride content for all purposes?
- Find amount of water wasted after filling the tank in C++
- Return the Lower triangle of an array and set the diagonal above which to zero elements in Numpy
- Get the number of levels above a node in JTree with Java