The Art of Facing a Job Interview
You deserve your dream job
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Are you a candidate seeking a job and about to face a job interview? Or may be you are an HR executive about to conduct a job interview. This advisory hosted by PRUDENCE Engineering and Financial Consultants is intended for both. Col (Dr) Shabbar Shahid, an Army Veteran and a post graduate in Engineering and Finance with a Doctorate in management explains to the prospective job candidates how to display their qualities, which are already present in them, to the interview panel and thus win their dream job. At the same time, through the flow of the session, the HR personnel can learn from his four decades of experience as to what to look for in a candidate being interviewed for a job. It is a win-win opportunity for both, the candidate as well as the employer or the interviewer.
This advisory in its true sense is the Art of facing job interviews as well as conducting job interviews. It will be of immense benefit to the job seekers as well as the job givers. The entire process of selecting a candidate for a job, right from the stage of a written test to group discussion and final interview is described in great detail bringing out the finer points as to what an interviewer looks for in a candidate. To an employer, It also implies what an interviewer should look for in a candidate.
The speaker himself has interviewed a large number of candidates for various jobs during his four decades of work experience. He knows the subject well and speaks to the point without any glamour, frills or divergence thus, respecting the value of time.
What will you learn in this course:
The finer points of how to face a job interview
Conduct and significance of written test and group discussion
What does an interviewer look for in a candidate
How to conduct yourself as you enter the interview room, walk up to the table and sit in front of the panel
How to answer the question "Something about "yourself"
How a candidate is being observed by the interviewer
Questions about application of book knowledge to real life situations
Some general questions and how to answer them
Expecting unexpected questions and dealing with tough questions
Points to remember during a telephonic interview
How to communicate during an interview
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no prerequisites except a desire to know your self and excel.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
The Art of Facing a Job Interview
- Promo Video 02:44 02:44
- Introduction 05:00 05:00
- Prelude 02:57 02:57
- Significance of written test 01:58 01:58
- Significance of group discussion 10:11 10:11
- What does an interviewer look for in me? 07:21 07:21
- Before you enter the interview room... 01:57 01:57
- As you walk to the interview table 04:06 04:06
- As you sit in front of the panel 02:09 02:09
- Please tell us something about yourself 03:41 03:41
- Suggested format of something about yourself 02:12 02:12
- Analyzing what you said about yourself 04:58 04:58
- You are being observed 06:26 06:26
- Application of knowledge to real life situation. Part 1 08:45 08:45
- Application of knowledge to real life situation. Part 2 05:48 05:48
- Some more questions. Part 1 08:43 08:43
- Some more questions. Part 2 07:45 07:45
- An unexpected question 05:51 05:51
- Points to be remembered during a telephonic interview 03:21 03:21
- Would you like to ask anything? 06:20 06:20
- Conclusion and thankyou note 01:54 01:54
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now