This course is an introduction to developing C++ utilizing Test Driven Development. The course does the following:
- Explain what Test Driven Development (TDD) is.
- Explain why writing your code using Test Driven Development is important.
- Provide an overview of Google Test, Google's C++ TDD Framework.
- Provide examples of setting up Google Test in several different popular C++ development environment.
- Provide examples of actual TDD working sessions.
- Provide an overview of Test Doubles and how to implement them using the Google Mock.
- Provide examples of TDD working sessions utilizing test doubles.
- Review best practices to follow when utilizing TDD.
- Homework assignments to help you gain experience with TDD on your own as you work through the course.
- Quizes to test your knowledge on from the material on each section of the course.
What Will I Get ?
- Understanding what unit testing and Test Driven Development are and how they help you.
- Understanding what the Google Test testing library is and how it is used for writing unit tests in C++.
- How to setup some common C++ development environments to use Google Test.
- What are some Best Practices for unit testing and Test Driven Development.
- Work through some hands on example programming sessions using TDD in C++.
- Basic proficiency with the C++ programming language.
- A C++ development environment already configured in either Windows, Linux, or OS X.
- An internet connection for downloading libraries.