- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Take care of your parents in old age or be ready to lose your salary.
Old age homes are the glaring examples of deteriorating human values and growing selfishness in the people. It is fine if people have no children. But many parents who have toiled their whole life to bring up their children are suffering in their old age due to the indifferent attitude of their children once they are on their own.
The parents might have sacrificed many things to bring up their kids and have spent their whole life earnings on their education and well being. After getting a good job and a good life, many people start thinking that it is a waste of money to spend anything on their old parents. This is a sad and pitiable story.
The Assam government has taken an excellent stand on this issue and has become the first state in the country to enact a law making it mandatory for government employees to look after their aging parents and disabled siblings. Those who are not taking care of their siblings and parents have to forego 10% of their salary.
The state Assembly passed the "Assam Employees Parental Responsibility Norms for Accountability Monitoring Act, 2017", that aims to prevent neglect of government workers’ parents and physically challenged siblings. In case there is any complaint against any government employee neglecting their parents and siblings, the government will cut 10% of the employee's salary and sends it directly to the parents.
Hope this will help out some neglected old parents. It is a very novel idea from Assam Government, which every state government should follow.
- Related Articles
- How to take care of your eye sight?
- Explain how can you take care of your eyes.
- Explain how you can take care of your eyes.
- What are the responsibilities you have for your old parents?
- How will you convince your parents to be sincere and honest?
- How to Care for Your Pregnant Dog
- Why do the parents in their old age become a burden for their children?
- How to look younger than your age?
- What is the best exercise to lose your belly?
- What respect you have for your parents?
- What will be the consequences if you hide some secrets from your parents?
- What secrets are you hiding from your parents?
- Should You Add Apple Cider Vinegar to Your Skin-Care Routine?
- How to take care of pets at home?
- How to Take Care of a Drunk Person?