Successful WordPress + Woo commerce Stores: Build and Launch
Create and Launch Stunning, Fully Functional WordPress Woocommerce Stores from Scratch with no Prior Experience
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Set up beautiful and functional online stores using WordPress and Woocommerce.
In this course, we build two amazing (complete) stores from scratch. And, we cover sourcing products, drop shipping, and promoting the store for traffic and sales.
By the time you have completed the first part of the course, you will have two (or one if you prefer) stores fully set up, looking great, and ready to make sales! Nothing is left out and you can follow along step-by-step.
After that, you will learn how to promote your store using effective, free marketing techniques.
Taught by an instructor with 15 years of experience with WordPress and over 100,000 students worldwide.
Here's what you will learn:
- Choose the perfect name for your store
- Install and set up WordPress and Woocommerce
- Set up payments, taxes, and shipping
- Design and customize your store
- Make amazing headers and sliders
- Create mega menus
- Create high converting 'product hero' pages
- Create an attractive and functional sidebar
- Set up a beautiful news or blog page
- Customize the user account pages
- Make a great shipping info page
- Make a user friendly FAQ page
- Upload products and optimize product pages
- Tweak your store to improve loading speeds
- Find wholesalers to order from
- Customize products (cheaply) to make them unique
- Drop ship from domestic suppliers or from China
- Run your first Facebook ad campaign
- Promote your store using the best free methods
Even if you have no experience of WordPress or websites, or online stores, it doesn't matter because the course is designed so that even complete beginners can follow along.
What will you learn in this course:
- Get the right hosting and domain name for your new store
- Install and set up WordPress and Woocommerce
- Design and customize your store with user friendly design options
- Create unique header images and logos using a free tool
- Install and configure the right plugins
- Accept online payments from customers
- Build high converting product pages
- Attract targeted visitors from free or low cost traffic sources
- Utilize drop shipping and find the right suppliers
- Source and customize 'in-demand' products
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic computer skills
- Access to a laptop or desktop computer
- Access to the Internet
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction to the Course
- Course Introduction 04:41 04:41
- What You Will Learn - Setting up the Stores 04:29 04:29
- What You Will Learn - Getting Traffic and Sales 03:06 03:06
- What You Will Learn - Sourcing, Customizing, Drop Shipping 06:03 06:03
- Frequently Asked Questions 03:48 03:48
The Basic Essentials
Installing the Theme
Payment & Tax Settings
Additional Woocommerce Settings
Customizing Your Store
Menus and Mega Menus
Adding Extra Categories & Pages
Attractive and User Friendly Product Pages
Polishing the Store
Store Number Two
The e-Comm Store Marketing Box
Sourcing and Customizing Products
Facebook Advertising for e-Commerce Stores
Using YouTube to Drive Traffic to Your Store
Theo McArthurEntrepreneur, Amazon Seller & Online Marketer
My name's Theo McArthur and I've been working online since since 1995. I left my job and went full-time online in 2001. Teaching here on Udemy is probably the most satisfying thing I do. Being able to help others to learn life changing techniques and business models.
Over the last 15 years or so I've created and marketed many digital e-learning products and have also worked extensively in the field of affiliate marketing. I've built a number of 'authority' blogs to promote affiliate products and additionally worked on many other methods of marketing and profiting with affiliate offers.
I have always preferred to have a number of business interests, so in the spring of 2013 I started selling on Amazon. Previous to that I had never sold any physical products online. Today I also run my own independent e-commerce websites.
I'm still an affiliate marketer and a vendor of my own information products. However, I always wanted to sell physical products, and Amazon was the obvious place to get started.
Starting on Amazon without the guidance of an experienced seller can be tough and the courses I took myself were not complete and were missing certain vital parts of the 'puzzle'. I learned more through trial and error than anything else, and that's what prompted me to create a step-by-step blueprint to success on Amazon.
A year after starting on Amazon, I set up my independent e-commerce store in order to build an asset that was my own and could potentially be sold in the future.
Sometimes I get asked how I manage to get so much done. It's simply a case of organisation and prioritising (is that a word? Anyway, I'm sure you know what I mean!). Obviously I don't do it all myself and I now have full-time and part-time assistants. However, when I first started out, I had nobody. Just myself and a young family to look after at the same time.
If you want something badly enough and you are motivated enough, you will find a way to make it happen!
I fully understand that everybody's different and a business model or income method that suits one person, may not suit another. Therefore here on Udemy, I try to offer a variety of courses to cater for all levels of experience and all aspirations.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now