- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
State whether the following statement are True/False.
(i) We can survive for sometime without air but we cannot survive even for a few minutes without food.
(ii) A brick kiln emits lot of smoke and other harmful gases causing air pollution.
(iii) Carbon monoxide is produced by complete burning of fuels such as coal, petrol, diesel.
(iv) Chlorination is a commonly used chemical method for killing germs in water.
(v) Water which is suitable for drinking is called soft water.
We can survive for some time without food but we cannot survive even for a few minutes without air.
Carbon monoxide is produced by the incomplete burning of fuels such as coal, petrol, and diesel.
Water that is suitable for drinking is called potable water.
- Related Articles
- State whether the following statements are True or False. If false, write the correct statement.(a) Water vapour is the gaseous form of water.(b) Ice is solid whereas snow is the semi-solid form of water.(c) Ocean water cannot be used for domestic purposes.(d) Rapid growth of industries is one of the causes for water shortage.
- State whether the following statements are True/False.(i) Air is necessary for combustion.(ii) Magnesium is a non-combustible metal.(iii) Carbon dioxide is an excellent fire extinguisher.(iv) Calorific value of wood is higher than that of coal.
- Why do we need food, we can also survive with water?
- How can we stop air and water pollution?
- (a) What is meant by water pollution? What are the different ways in which water gets polluted?(b) State the harmful effects of water pollution.
- We can grow plants in water without soil, then why soil is important for plants?
- Fill in the blanks with the help of words given in bracket after each sentence.(a) When air is contaminated by ________ substances which have a ________ effect on both the ________ and ________, it is referred to as ________. (air pollution, harmful, living, unwanted, non-living, pollutants).(b) Many ________ are responsible for causing ________ pollution. Petroleum ________ are a major source of ________ pollutants like ________ and ________. (sulphur dioxide, refineries, industries, nitrogen dioxide, gaseous, liquid, people, air).(c) While ________ your teeth, leaving the ________ running may waste several ________ of water. (tap, litres, brushing, washing, drops)(d) Water which is suitable for _________ is called ________ water. (washing, bathing, drinking, potable, soft).(e) Water which looks clean still has disease carrying ________ and ________ impurities. (insects, microorganism, particles, dissolved, harmful).
- State whether the following statement is true or false :Radioactive isotope of iodine is used for making the medicine called tincture iodine.
- Explain how, burning if fuels such as coal, petrol, and diesel lead to acid rain. How is acid rain harmful?
- The components of air which are harmful to living beings are(a) nitrogen and carbon dioxide(b) dust and water vapour(c) dust and smoke(d) smoke and water vapour
- Potable water is the water which is(a) obtained from a river (b) obtained from a lake(c) pure and fit for drinking (d) used only for washing clothes
- Is drinking salty water good for health?
- State whether the following statement is true or false: Sound produced by a vibrating body travels to our ears by the actual movement of air.
- A list of mediums is given below$(i)$. Wood $(ii)$. Water$(iii)$. Air $(iv)$. VacuumIn which of these mediums can sound travel?$(a)$. $(i)$. and $(ii)$$(b)$. $(i)$., $(ii)$. and $(iii)$$(c)$. $(iii)$. and $(iv)$$(d)$. $(ii)$., $(iii)$. and $(iv)$
- Which one of the following is not responsible for water shortage?(i) Rapid growth of industries(ii) Increasing population(iii) Heavy rainfall(iv) Mismanagement of water resources