- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Solve the following riddles, you may yourself construct such riddles.
Who am I?
(i) Go round a square
Counting every corner
Thrice and no more!
Add the count to me
To get exactly thirty four!
(ii) For each day of the week
Make an upcount from me
If you make no mistake
You will get twenty three!
(iii) I am a special number
Take away from me a six!
A whole cricket team
You will still be able to fix!
(iv) Tell me who I am
I shall give a pretty clue!
You will get me back
If you take me out of twenty two!
We have to solve the given riddles.
(i) Number of corners in a square $=4$
Thrice the number of corners in the square $= 3 \times 4$
When 12 is added to the number it becomes 34.
The number is the difference between 34 and 12
$34 - 12 = 22$
(ii) The result is 23 when the old number is up counted on Sunday.
The result is 22 when the old number is up counted on Saturday.
The result is 21 when the old number is up counted on Friday.
The result is 20 when the old number is up counted on Thursday
The result is 19 when the old number is up counted on Wednesday
The result is 18 when the old number is up counted on Tuesday
The result is 17 when the old number is up counted on Monday
`Therefore, the number taken at the start $=17 - 1 = 16$
(iii) We know that,
There are 11 players in a cricket team
If 6 is subtracted from the required number, the result will be 11
$11 + 6 = 17$
Therefore, the number is 17
(iv) The required number is such that if it is subtracted from 22 the result is the number itself.
The required number is 11.
- An Anagram I Am in Python
- How can I see the constraints which are applied to a table stored in the database I am currently using?
- Go Cashless – No Internet (no signal) No Problem ???
- How do I let my Matplotlib plot go beyond the axes?
- Why am I not getting the desired results despite working very hard?
- What are the things I have to do every morning when I wake up?
- Who represented congress in the second round table conference?
- Rearrange an array such that arr[i] = i in C++
- If I truncate a table, should I also add indexes?
- How can I see the constraints which are applied to a table stored in another database then I am currently using?
- Why I am facing a problem using the field 'from' in SQL query?
- In college, if I am being ragged by my seniors, whom should I complain?
- Maximum difference of indices (i, j) such that A[i][j] = 0 in the given matrix in C++
- Count pairs (i,j) such that (i+j) is divisible by both A and B in C++
- Rearrange array such that arr[i] >= arr[j] if i is even and arr[i]<=arr[j] if i is odd and j < i in C++