- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Solid calcium oxide reacts vigorously with water to form calcium hydroxide accompanied by the liberation of heat. This process is called slaking of lime. Calcium hydroxide dissolves in water to form its solution called lime water. Which among the following is (are) true about slaking of lime and the solution formed?
(a) (i) and (ii)
- It is an endothermic reaction
- It is an exothermic reaction
- The pH of the resulting solution will be more than seven
- The pH of the resulting solution will be less than seven
(b) (ii) and (iii)
(c) (i) and (iv)
(d) (iii) and (iv)
Correct Answer: (b) (ii) and (iii)
Explanation: When solid calcium oxide reacts vigorously with water, it forms calcium hydroxide which is accompanied by the generation of heat (exothermic reaction). The pH of the solution will be more than 7 because oxides and hydroxides of metals are alkaline.
- What are the symptoms of Calcium Deficiency?
- What are the problems created due to excess calcium?
- What causes low calcium levels in the body?
- Why are women more prone to Calcium Deficiency?
- What happens when serum calcium level drops?
- What are the natural ways to improve Calcium levels in the body?
- Program to check if water tank overflows when n solid balls are dipped in the water tank in C++
- What is nitrous oxide sedation dentistry? Is it safe?
- What is the process of pipelining?
- What is the process of KDD?
- Modes of Heat Transfer: Conduction, Convection and Radiation
- In what ways hot water is better over cold water to drink?
- What is the Process of Text Mining?
- What is called "Angle of Banking"?
- Which city of India is called the city of dreams and why?
- Types of Solid State Relay (SSRs)