Soft Skills for Personal and Professional Development
Soft Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Development
Updated on Dec, 2023
Language - English
Duration -1.5 hours
The course, Soft Skills touches on the main interpersonal, social and professional skills required to help you build and make better your relationships with people. This includes people in your personal situations (family, friends, social influence etc.) and at workplace.
The course also links Soft skills with personality development to show they both go together and how personality development helps determine one's strong skills and gaps in skills.
The course is applicable to people on all levels.
Course Modules / Structure
- The Course is divided into 4 Modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Soft Skills
- Module 2: Personality and Soft Skills Development
- Module 3: Soft Skills in the Job Markets
- Module 4: Soft Skills in the Workplace
CASE STUDY – Using Fictional Person/Name like Dominic
Dominic is a smart, intelligent fellow who recently noticed he has been struggling with a number topics in life generally which relates to the following:
- He has been finding it difficult relating with his friends recently and conversations with them always seems to go bad most times.
- He becomes emotional too often especially with some of his friends and people around him.
- He also has applied for several jobs in the marketplace and most of the rejects he gets is not related to his technical abilities but some how he is not found as a suitable for the team and type of people required.
- He is now worried and got some tips from some other people to
- Look beyond (think outside the box of) his current way of doing things, skills and behavior
- See what extra skills he can learn
- See what can be done differently using all the rejections and bad experiences.
CASE STUDY ANALYSIS:
- In the case above, what do you think Dominic should consider doing?
What You will learn in this course (Takeaways)
- Definition of Soft Skills
- Differentiate between Soft Skills versus Hard Skills
- Importance and Applications of Soft Skills
- Types and Categories of Soft Skills
- Understand the Importance of understanding your Personality type
- Use knowledge of your Personality type for your Personal Development
- Understand Emotional Intelligence and Development
- Tips on how to map Soft Skills to Job Types
- Understand some important Soft skills at workplace
NOTE: Your Review is Highly Valued
We value your feedback, please leave us a review after finishing the course, it will always be appreciated for future improvements.
What will you learn in this course:
Definition of Soft Skills
Differentiate between Soft Skills versus Hard Skills
Importance and Applications of Soft Skills
Types and Categories of Soft Skills
Understand the Importance of understanding your Personality type
Use knowledge of your Personality type for your Personal Development
Understand Emotional Intelligence and Development
Tips on how to map Soft Skills to Job Types
Understand some important Soft skills at workplace
What are the prerequisites for this course?
No experience needed
Making out time to put the course skills into practice
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
General Introduction and Course Description
- General Introduction And Course Description 03:41 03:41
Introduction to Soft Skills
Personality and Soft Skills Development
Soft Skills in the Job Markets
Soft Skills in the Workplace
Course Summary - Soft Skills
A trained Project Manager and instructor with over 10 years in managing projects and coaching people.
Also involved in team development and personality awareness coaching as well as integration projects.
Promoter of new ideas and discoveries especially Pan-African related discoveries.
You can also contact me for:
- Project Planning using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project and other tools
- Soft skills and leadership mentoring
- Managing for non-managers
- Influencing without power
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now