Short Circuit Analysis for HV Three Phase Systems
Analyzing Asymmetrical Three Phase Power
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This Course “Short Circuit Analysis for HV Three Phase Systems” introduces the student to the basic concepts of fault studies on a high voltage three-phase system. With the help of a quick review of “Per Phase” & “Per Unit” methodologies system faults are analyzed with the use of symmetrical components. System modeling is then used in order to aid in the process, with the ability to move between asymmetrical and symmetrical systems.
Who this course is for:
- The targeted audience is Managers, Engineers, Technologists, and Maintenance Personnel working in the electrical power protection industry.
What will you learn in this course:
At the end of this Course, the student will understand the basic concepts of fault studies on a high-voltage three-phase system.
The student will understand the methodologies of system faults and be able to analyze faults using symmetrical components.
System modeling is then used to aid in the process, with the ability to move between asymmetrical and symmetrical systems.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
The student should have an understanding of the laws and theorems related to three-phase electrical power systems, Per Unit Values, and Symmetrical Components.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Ch - 00 Introduction to Short Circuit Analysis for HV Three Phase Systems course 06:44 06:44
- Ch - 01 Short Circuit & Fault Analysis Overview 11:37 11:37
- Ch - 02 Per Phase Analysis 33:03 33:03
- Ch - 03 Per Unit Analysis 22:22 22:22
- Ch - 04 Change of Base 11:10 11:10
- Ch - 05 Transformers & Per Unit Analysis 31:23 31:23
- Ch - 06 Symmetrical Components 29:55 29:55
- Ch - 07 Asymmetrical Three Phase Fault Analysis 51:36 51:36
- Ch - 08 System Modeling 29:39 29:39
Graham Van Brunt
With an entire career in the power sector of engineering, Graham graduated from Queen's University coupled with subsequent studies with Wilfrid Laurier University to travel the globe and apply his skills and garner his protection and control experience internationally.
His passion for staying in touch with his profession and his kinship for mentoring has kept him in front of an audience of learners.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now