RESTful Services in Oracle APEX - The Complete Guide (2022)
Build a RESTful Service using ORDS (Oracle REST Data Services) in Oracle APEX. Unfold the power of REST Enabled SQL.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This is a very practical video course about how to build a RESTful Service in Oracle APEX.
Though this course is at intermediate level, it explains the basics of a RESTful Service starting from ORDS (Oracle REST Data Service) in detail.
You will learn about setting up the Autonomous Database in Oracle Cloud and also how to use Postman which acts as the REST Client.
You will get to know how to enable the ORDS schema for RESTful Access in Oracle APEX.
Using the ORDS principles, you will learn how to build a RESTful Service from scratch.
Once a RESTful Service is created, you will understand how to protect it using the ORDS concepts, which blocks free access.
Following that, you will be clear on how to access the protected web services using OAUTH which is a recommended method nowadays.
And you will learn about the REST Enabled SQL Service and how to implement it in Oracle APEX by consuming the service in another database.
You will get to know the advantages of using REST Enabled SQL Service over the standard RESTful Service.
Finally, you will get a brief idea about the REST Data Sources in Oracle APEX and the Legacy Apex Web Service PL/SQL API as well.
What will you learn in this course:
- Hosting Oracle APEX in Oracle Cloud
- Build a RESTful Service with Oracle APEX
- Learn in detail about ORDS
- Understand the API programming in Oracle APEX
- Learn about protecting the web services
- Understand OAUTH to access the protected web services
- Learn about implementing REST Enabled SQL Service
- Learn how to consume the external API in Oracle APEX
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- A standard web browser like Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox / Opera / Edge / Safari
- Postman Application (Web / Native)
- Basic knowledge of Oracle APEX
- Fundamentals of writing SQL and PL/SQL
- REST Architecture concepts and terminology
- You don't need to be a Oracle APEX or SQL or PL/SQL expert to succeed in this course!
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 02:46 02:46
- Prerequisites 01:06 01:06
Setting up the Environment
Protecting the Web Services
REST Enabled SQL
VelchandruOracle APEX Developer | Web Developer | Instructor
Ever since I was a little kid, computers were my curiosity. I still remember reading computer science topics before my teacher was about to teach students in the classroom. I have been obsessed with the idea of using computers to solve problems in the form of software.
I like explaining the stuffs to the people who are new to the topic. Learning is a continuous process and still people who know about a topic must sharpen their mind again to gain the complete knowledge effectively to meet their goal, similar to the woodcutter who sharpens their saw to cut the tree effectively which is their goal.
Hobbies and Activities: Video Editing, Image Editing, Graphic Designing, PC Gaming, Photography
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now