RedHat Linux: Essentials
learn and practice from Beginner to Expert
This course is all about RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux ) and RHCE (Red Hat Certification Exam). Here we will explore various services, utilities, commands, concepts related to RHEL covering RH033 (Essentials).
We would learn about Linux file system in depth, graphical utilities on gnome, wide range of commands for text processing (grep, sed, cut, less, pipe, tr, etc) handling, process management (ps, pstree,top, kill, etc) file management (CD, ls, touch, etc), file permission (chmod, chgrp, chown, etc in both symbolic and numeric methods, logging, Networking, system administration, mounting, installation (yum) etc with a wide range of topics with emphasis on RHCE.
We will learn concepts in lectures and will implement by executing commands on terminal and shell scripts in practical sessions.
What will you learn in this course:
- On completion of this course, you would have complete understanding of RedHat Linux, including its operations and tasks.
- You would rule Command Line Interface and successfully perform almost any operation with commands.
- Could make use of a vast range of tools and utilities in both graphical and command line interface.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- No prerequisites at all. But you need to be familiar with any operating system and perform simple operations, any additional knowledge could be an advantage.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction & Course Objective 10:58 10:58
- RedHat Installation 07:40 07:40
- What is Redhat? 01:36 01:36
- Background- Opensource, Fedora, RPM 09:57 09:57
Logging into different Consoles
File-System, Directory, Files, User, Group and Permissions
Shortcuts, Variables, Shell Scripting, Standard I/O and Pipes
Text Processing Tools, vi, vim
Process Management, System Configuration, etc
More on user, group, permission, Filesystem and System admin tools
Pranjal SrivastavaSME of AWS & IBM Cloud
I am an Instructor, Devops engineer, machine learning enthusiast, cloud expert and passionate developer.
I have authored 60+ courses on wide array of technologies like containerization, machine learning, Linux, programming languages and cloud computing platforms like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Service and IBM Cloud.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now