- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Read the poem written below and then answer the questions from the information gathered from the book or elsewhere.
Blue and Green
Two bins, you mean?
yes, they are there
to throw your waste.
But not in a hurry
Nor in a haste.
Select from waste,sieve if seems muddy
Separate all items and when they are ready
Place i8n a blue bin or one that is green
For a voyage to the landfill, or for composting.
(i) Name the two kinds of waste that need to be separated from each other in two different waste bins.
(ii) Name two items of waste each that need to be sent to a
(b) for composting
(i) The two kinds of waste that need to be separated from each other in two different waste bin are named biodegradable waste and non-biodegradable waste.
Two different coloured waste bins, green and blue can be used to separate garbage. The green bin would contain biodegradable waste that can be converted into compost by bacteria or earthworms.
The blue bin would contain dry recyclable waste. The waste in the green bin is used for composting while that in the blue bin is used for landfills.
(ii) (a) The two items that can be sent to landfills are empty glass bottles and plastic plates.
(b) The two items that can be sent to composting are Kitchen wastes and animal dung.
Extra information: The garbage containing plant and animal wastes, and waste food, when left as such in pits or heaps is acted upon by bacteria, fungus-like organisms causing rotting which leads to the formation of manure. Thus, the rotting and conversion of some organic materials into manure is called composting.
- Who has written the poem "The Road Not Taken"?
- Create an array with ones at and below the given diagonal and zeros elsewhere in Numpy
- Create an array with ones below the main diagonal and zeros elsewhere in Numpy
- Align gathered items from the start in Bootstrap 4
- Can you tell me the difference between C and CE in a calculator?
- Write a query to store and retrieve book information in the database (DBMS)?
- Create an array with ones at and below the given diagonal and zeros elsewhere with a different output type in Numpy
- How to answer Top Java interview questions
- Align gathered items from the start in different screens in Bootstrap 4
- Make the Arduino sleep and then wake up
- Write a program in Python to shift the first column and get the value from the user, if the input is divisible by both 3 and 5 and then fill the missing value
- Golang Program to Read Three Digits and Print all Possible Combinations from the Digits
- How are the same transactions entered in the passbook and cash book?
- Explain the sales day book and give its format
- Explain the return inward book and give its format