- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Read the paragraph and answer the questions following it.
Water is essential for life. Without water there would be no life. We usually take water as granted for its purity, but we must ensure the quality of water. Pollution of water originates from human activities. Through different paths, pollution reaches to groundwater. Easily identified source or place of pollution is called as point source, e.g. municipal and industrial discharge pipes, where pollutants enter the water source. Non-point sources of pollution are those where a source of pollution cannot be easily identified, e.g. agricultural run-off, acid rain, etc.
(a) How do you classify the various sources of water pollution?
(b) What are the point sources of water pollution?
(c) Name any two non-point sources of water pollution?
(a) Various sources of water pollution are classified as point sources and non-point sources.
(b) The sources or places of pollution which are easily identifiable are point sources of water pollution, e.g. factories, power plants, etc.
(c) Agricultural run-off and acid rain are non-point sources of water pollution.
- Water on Mars. Is Life next?
- What measures can we take to conserve water?
- How to purify water at home without a water purifying machine?
- Why is water management important for us?
- Is drinking salty water good for health?
- In what ways hot water is better over cold water to drink?
- Types of Electric Water Heater (Plate Heater, Immersion Water Heater, Geyser)
- Water and Jug Problem in C++
- What can be done to control water pollution?
- Trapping Rain Water in Python
- What are the health benefits of rice water for babies?
- Why do our eyes water when we cut onions?
- Container With Most Water in Python
- Swim in Rising Water in C++
- Container with Most Water in C++
- Program to check if water tank overflows when n solid balls are dipped in the water tank in C++