- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Read the following statements with reference to soil.
Choose the correct statements from the above.
- Weathering is a very fast process of soil formation.
- Percolation of water is faster in sandy soils.
- Loamy soil contains only sand and clay.
- Topsoil contains the maximum amount of humus.
(a) (ii) and (iv)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (ii) and (iii)
(d) (i) and (ii)
Correct Answer: (a) (ii) and (iv)
Explanation: Weathering is the breaking down of huge pieces of rocks into smaller pieces by the action of natural forces such as water, glaciers, wind and roots of plants, etc. It takes hundreds of years to produce a few centimeters of soil. So, it is a very slow process.
Loamy soil is a mixture of sand, silt and clay and also has humus in it.
- What is The Rule of Three with reference to C++?
- What is the locality of reference?
- MySQL Count Distinct values process is very slow. How to fasten it?
- What is the process of pipelining?
- What is the process of KDD?
- Why are Prepared Statements in JDBC faster than Statements? Explain?
- Why is it faster to process a sorted array than an unsorted array in C++?
- What is the Process of Text Mining?
- Why is it faster to process a sorted array than an unsorted array in C++ program?
- What is the purpose of a process control block (PCB)?
- What is the process of data warehouse design?
- What is contract function and contract formation?
- What is the purpose of Process class in Java?
- What is a fast-forward merge in Git?
- How to process SQL statements with JDBC explain with an example?
- In what ways hot water is better over cold water to drink?