- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Read the bar graph $(Fig\ 3.4)$ which shows the number of books sold by a bookstore during five consecutive years and answer the following questions:
$(i)$. About how many books were sold in 1989? 1990? 1992?
$(ii)$. In which year were about 475 books sold? About 225 books sold?
$(iii)$. In which years were fewer than 250 books sold?
$(iv)$. Can you explain how you would estimate the number of books sold in 1989?"
We have to read the bar graph which shows the number of books sold by a bookstore during five consecutive years and answer the given questions.
(i) In 1989, about 175 books were sold. In 1990, about 475 books were sold. In 1992, about 225 books were sold.
(ii) In 1990 about 475 books were sold and in 1992, about 225 books were sold.
(iii) In 1989 and 1992 fewer than 250 books were sold.
(iv) From the graph, we can conclude that 175 books were sold in 1989. This can be estimated by drawing a line from the top of the 1989 bar to the y-axis.
- Related Articles
- In a book shop, there were 605863 books out of which 4842 books were sold out. How many books are left in the book shop ? estimate to the nearest hundred.
- The sale of electric bulbs on different days of a week is shown below :Observe the pictograph and answer the following questions :(a) How many bulbs were sold on Friday?(b) On which day were the maximum number of bulbs sold?(c) On which of the days same number of bulbs were sold?(d) On which of the days minimum number of bulbs were sold?(e) If one big carton can hold 9 bulbs. How many cartons were needed in the givenweek?"
- Observe this bar graph which is showing the sale of shirts in a ready made shop from Monday to Saturday.Now answer the following questions :(a) What information does the above bar graph give?(b) What is the scale chosen on the horizontal line representing number of shirts?(c) On which day were the maximum number of shirts sold? How many shirts were sold on that day?(d) On which day were the minimum number of shirts sold?(e) How many shirts were sold on Thursday?"
- Kirti bookstore sold books worth \( â‚¹ 2,85,891 \) in the first week of June and books worth \( â‚¹ 4,00,768 \) in the second week of the month. How much was the sale for the two weeks together? In which week was the sale greater and by how much?
- In a village six fruit merchants sold the following number of fruit baskets in a particular season:Observe this pictograph and answer the following questions :(a) Which merchant sold the maximum number of baskets?(b) How many fruit baskets were sold by Anwar?(c) The merchants who have sold 600 or more number of baskets are planning to buy a godown for the next season. Can you name them?"
- The number of Mathematics books sold by a shopkeeper on six consecutive days is shown below :Draw a bar graph to represent the above information choosing the scale of your choice."
- The 12 Best Books About Resilience
- Which country publishes the most number of books every year?
- Best Leadership Books You Should Read
- The weight of 72 Books is 9 kg.(a) Find the weight of 80 such Books. (b) How many Books will weigh 6 kg?
- What are the best books to learn about Blockchain?
- The class teacher gave 150 tickets to Sunil of which he sold 60 percent. How many tickets did Sunil sold?
- Best Project Management Books You Should Read
- Explain books of accounts
- Which are Some must-read Books for Python Developers?