RDS PostgreSQL and DynamoDB CRUD: AWS with Python and Boto3
Implement RDS PostgreSQL CRUD and DynamoDB on AWS using Python API - Boto3 and psycopg2! Build infrastructure with code!
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Do you want to learn how to launch managed Relational Databases or RDS on AWS? Do you want to learn how to connect to your RDS DB instances using Python and psycopg2 library and implement all Create, Read, Update and Delete (CRUD) operations? Or do you want to learn how to implement NoSQL DynamoDB Tables on AWS and work with data from scanning, querying to update, read and delete operations?
Then this is the course you need on RDS and DynamoDB on AWS!
In this course, we’ll start by taking a look at the tools and the environment that we need to work with AWS resources. We’ll be using Python 3 and as per the IDE I recommend you to use PyCharm from Jetbrains. It has a free community edition even!
After I teach you how you can set up your environment on both MacOS and Windows, we’ll create our credentials for AWS as being the AWS Access Key and AWS Secret Access Key for programmatic access to AWS resources. You’ll learn how you can set your AWS credentials globally on your computers using AWS CLI. Before jumping into the implementation, for one last tip, I’ll show you how you can have auto-complete capabilities on your PyCharm IDE with PyBoto3!
Once we’re ready with our environment setup, we’ll start implementing our solution on AWS! And remember we’ll do everything with Python code; not a single thing manually or by hand!
We’ll start off with RDS or Relational Database Service from AWS. I’ll teach you how to launch your own Amazon RDS Instances purely with your Python code! Then we’ll learn how to connect to our RDS database instance using Python and psycopg2 library. After that, I’ll teach you how to execute your queries against RDS PostgreSQL using psycopg2 library and we’ll implement SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE so basically all the CRUD opreations against our own-launched RDS PostgreSQL instance on AWS!
Next up is DynamoDB! With this very-popular NoSQL service from AWS, I’ll teach you how to create your own DynamoDB Tables on AWS with Python! You’ll learn how to provide a key schema, attribute definitions and apply throughput to your tables.
And I’ll share the great news for you that there is a Local version of DynamoDB that you can simply run on your computer to play around with! I will show you how you can get and run the Local version of DynamoDB on your computer and we’ll setup our environment and boto3 client configuration accordingly.
Then we’ll start making our way to putting new items, updating, deleting and reading them. Once we learn the basic CRUD operations with DynamoDB, we’ll move on to rather advanced operations like scanning and querying.
We’ll also implement a script to insert our sample data set of “movies” into our DynamoDB Movies table! Once we insert the data, we’ll start exploring how we can search it using DynamoDB query operation and we’ll also learn how we can use conditions. And finally, we’ll take a look at the scan operation which basically scans your whole data and retriveves the results you need. So to filter out the results from scan operation, we’ll apply filter expressions to our scan operation and see how things work with DynamoDB.
Lots of information, hands-on practice and experience is waiting for you in this course on AWS. So, don't miss any more time and join me in this course to sharpen your skills on AWS using Python and Boto3!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners on AWS who wants to put their theory into practice
- AWS Certification preppers who wants to practice their knowledge with real projects
- Who wants to learn and implement Infrastructure-as-a-Code or IaaS on AWS
- Who wants to learn how to develop infrastructure on AWS using Python
- Who wants to learn AWS Python API or namely Boto3
What will you learn in this course:
- You'll be able to implement any sort of infrastructure on AWS with Python using RDS and DynamoDB!
- You'll learn how to code against AWS API using Python and Boto3!
- You'll learn how to launch and configure Relational Database Instances (RDS) on AWS using Python and Boto3!
- You'll learn how to connect to RDS PostgreSQL instances on AWS using Python and psycopg2!
- You'll learn how to implement Create, Read, Update and Delete (CRUD) operations on RDS PostgreSQL using Python and psycopg2 library!
- You'll learn how to create and configure NoSQL DynamoDB Tables on AWS using Python and Boto3
- You'll learn how to implement Create, Read, Update and Delete (CRUD) operations on DynamoDB using Python and Boto3!
- You'll be confident to work with AWS APIs using Python for any kind of AWS resource on RDS and DynamoDB!
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Beginner level of Python
- Any Python interpreter is fine but I recommend PyCharm IDE
- AWS Account - Free-Tier available!
- General understanding of AWS Model would be nice
- Not necessary but theoretical knowledge on AWS RDS and DynamoDB services
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Source Code
- Introduction 01:05 01:05
- What We Will Build in This Course 03:37 03:37
Preparing The Environment for Development
Windows Environment Setup
MacOS Environment Setup
Relational Database Service (RDS) with Boto3: psycopg2
DynamoDB with Boto3
Niyazi ErdoganSenior Software Engineer
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now