- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Quora has been hacked with 100 million users information
After hacking of Marriott Starwood hotels, now turn of the question and answer website Quora has been hacked with 100 million user information.
This week Monday night, Quora announced that “a malicious third party” gained access to its systems and swiped the account information of nearly 100 million users. This information includes personal information, like your name and email address, as well as details about the actions on Quora, its also show data or link you attached with Quora account.
So What Actually Happened?
Quora is still investigating about this breach, but CEO of quora Adam D’Angelo says that “On Friday (November 30) we discovered that some user data was compromised by a third party who got illegal access to one of our systems.”
What user data was taken from Quora?
Actually, everything which you attached to your account,
D’Angelo says that hackers may have approximately 100 million users names, email addresses, encrypted passwords, and any data imported from another social network, such as contacts and demographic information.
The hackers may also have records of every public and private action taken on Quora, including comments, Likes and dislikes, questions, and direct messages. as D’Angelo says Quora does “not store the identities of people who post anonymous content.”
How do I know if my Quora account was hacked?
Actually, my Quora account is also affected and I got an email by quora.
Quora says it’s notifying everybody whose account was hacked and they are logging out every account that may have been affected. If you use a password for authentication, your password will also be reset. Any further information discovered during Quora’s investigation will be updated to the user immediately.
- Has there ever been a battle of books?
- How to check which key has been pressed using jQuery?
- How to modify a Matplotlib legend after it has been created?
- How to show a figure that has been closed in Matplotlib?
- C++ Program to check if a string has been seen before
- How has the Walmart-Flipkart deal been beneficial for the end user?
- Python Pandas - Check whether the DateOffset value has been normalized or not
- Python Pandas - Check whether the BusinessDay Offset has been normalized or not
- Python Pandas - Check whether the BusinessHour Offset has been normalized or not
- Python Pandas - Check whether the CustomBusinessDay Offset has been normalized or not
- Python Pandas - Check whether the CustomBusinessHour Offset has been normalized or not
- How are Instagram accounts hacked?
- What interesting trend has been observed in the results of the recent elections?
- What changes has been introduced in JDK7 related to Exception handling in Java?
- How to verify an exception that has been thrown in unit testing C#?