A well-organized, well-explained course. Explained not only for the less initiated but also for those who have contact for the first time with python and Qt. The author presents in this course how to create a complex application. From my point of view, the course is worth buying.
Python PyQt5 and Qt creator course
Python PyQt5 and Qt creator and sqlite3 database course
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -22.5 hours
Everything you need for this courese is a basic knowledge of programming, for instance classes, mehods and variables.
This course is not for beginners without any knowledge of programming.
You will learn how to build a professional grade application with Qt creator, Python PyQt5 and sqlite3.
In this course we are going to create layouts with Qt creator, use application functionalities with Python PyQt5 and sqlite3 database.
We will focus on query databases (insert, update and delete), upload and save images to your application, and you will learn how to create statistics as charts. I will show you how to use matplotlib.
For that we generate records from the database and also display them in a table or combo box. You will use sqlite3 DB browse.
After completing this course, you will be able to create your own professional application. Everything will be explained line by line.
At the end of our course I will show you how to create an executable file undependend from Pycharm and your computer.
You will also learn how to use Qt creator to develop professional user interfaces, create menus and menu toolbars. Everything is explained step by step. You will also learn how to set and change text and background colors, and much more.
Let's start! I would be very happy to welcome you as student today!
What will you learn in this course:
- How you can work with Qt creator
- How you can work with sqlite3 database
- How you can create professional layout with qt creator
- How you can create table in your database and how you can query your database to create statistics.
- How you can creat functionality for your Qt creator layout and your database with Python Pyqt5 and Pycharm developement environment.
- You are going to learn how you can create your statistics as grahpic using matplotlib.
- Finally you are going to learn how you can create executable file from your application
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic Computer Fundamentals & Terminologies
- A computer installed with Windows
- Minimum of 8GB RAM
- Internet connection
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Download and installation development environment
- Download and install Qt creator 05:33 05:33
- Download and install Pycharm 02:27 02:27
- Download and install Python 02:29 02:29
- Download and install DB Browser Sqlite3 01:40 01:40
- Car dealer mamagement application 05:20 05:20
- How do you work with Pycharm 04:50 04:50
- Create Pycharm project 05:54 05:54
- Install Python package 05:00 05:00
- Create Qt project 02:18 02:18
- Create build function 05:33 05:33
- Create main function part 1 02:47 02:47
- Create main function part 2 12:04 12:04
- Style main window 05:13 05:13
- Create main window widgets 11:23 11:23
- More information 06:34 06:34
Create class "Add new vehicle"
Create "Add cars seller"
Create "Add customer"
Crash course: data graph by using matplotlib
ALAA EIDAbout me
Since 2002 I work as freelance programmer.
Since October 2019 I refreshed my software programming skills in C++ under new Qt application environment. In addition, I have taken several remote learning courses for different programming languages C++ / Qt, Java Script, Phyton, Unity, C# at ILS and udemy.
I attended successfully following courses:
1) The complete C# Masterclass under environment Visual Studio, WPF, .Net, MSsql
2) C# - The advanced course
4) MySQL – from beginner to professional
5) PHP-Bootcamp – from beginner to professional PHP developer, under environment Xampp-Control
6) The complete Java Script Masterclass for advanced programmers, under environment Node.js and Visual Studio Code
7) The complete Web Developer Course 2.0 - Create 25 Websites (html, html5, css/css3, Bootstrap, jQuery, php, java script), under environment Brackets
8) C# - The comprehensive beginning course, under environment Visual Studio
9) Python Bootcamp, beginning course, under environment Atom and Jupiter Notebook (Anaconda 3)
10) The complete Unity & C# Masterclass - Develop 5 games in 2D and 3D, under environment Visual Studio and Unity Hub
11) Hacking and network analysis with Wireshark – The complete course
12) Software programmer for C/C++ Qt
Remote studies at ILS, Germany (October 2019 to August 2020; early graduation 5 months before regular end of studies)
Final grade: 1.2 (Very good)
Studies included Qt class library, GUI development and widgets, data base programming, mobile apps
13) Software programmer for C/C++
Remote studies at ILS, Germany (July 2002 to November 2003)
Final grade: 1.0 (Very good)
Studies included VBA, software engineering with UML, C and C++, Windows programming with C++
Bachelor of Commerce
Studies at Ain-Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (May 1985 to May 1989)
Final grade: Good
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now