Python PDF Handling from Beginner to Winner
Learn How to Learn and Take the Best Out of Python to Control PDFs
Updated on Dec, 2023
Language - English
Duration -3 hours
Welcome to Python PDF Handling from Beginner to Winner! A great course on Manipulating PDF files!
Together we will learn, explore and have fun taking the most out of Python and several Python Modules to read/modify PDF documents.
Each session will be composed by several challenges that we will solve by exploring the available documentation, reading Python Modules source code and also debugging. By the end you will be able to unravel from situations where you cannot find help anywhere else! Sounds good right?
After taking the first session you will know how to:
- Get the total number of pages of a PDF document;
- Get its metadata, author, title, table of content;
- Extract text from a PDF file and write it into a txt file;
- Extract images from a PDF file and save it into a png file;
- Read hyperlinks from a PDF document;
- Take snapshots from pages and save them as png files;
- Change pages paper size from A4 portrait, A4 landscape, and others;
- Rotate the pages from a PDF file;
- Split odd from even pages so it would be easier to print them;
- Join together pages from several PDF files into a new PDF document;
- Change pages visible area, crop the pages;
- And add watermarks to PDF pages.
Sounds already fun right?
Join with me to this great challenge that is learning!
What will you learn in this course:
- Get PDF Metadata
- Scale, Rotate, Split, Merge, Crop Pages
- Get PDF Images
- Get PDF Text
- Get PDF Hyperlinks
- Add Watermarks
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic Knowledge about Python;
- You need Python 3.8.x or later;
- Visual Studio Code (Recommended);
- Visual Studio Code "Python from Microsoft" and "Pylance from Microsoft" extensions;
- Eager to learn.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Basic PDF Operations with PyMuPDF
- Introduction [Part 0 of 14] 08:25 08:25
- Visual Studio Code Extensions [Part 1 of 14] 01:48 01:48
- Install PyMuPDF [Part 2 of 14] 02:43 02:43
- Get Number of Pages [Part 3 of 14] 07:26 07:26
- Get Document Info [Part 4 of 14] 14:54 14:54
- Get Text from Pages [Part 5 of 14] 28:13 28:13
- Get Images from Pages [Part 6 of 14] 22:28 22:28
- Get URLs from Pages [Part 7 of 14] 14:07 14:07
- Make Images from Pages [Part 8 of 14] 16:22 16:22
- Scale Pages [Part 9 of 14] 19:36 19:36
- Rotate Pages [Part 10 of 14] 10:12 10:12
- Split Pages [Part 11 of 14] 16:03 16:03
- Merge Pages [Part 12 of 14] 08:10 08:10
- Crop Pages [Part 13 of 14] 15:23 15:23
- Add Watermark [Part 14 of 14] 24:06 24:06
In the past I worked for several companies as a software engineer, mainly working with C#. I was in telecommunications area were I used Java, also made ecommerce websites with C# and ASP.NET MVC, I was in transportation area where I worked with smart cards using C# and pure C, and more.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now