- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Put your ideas together and write a short note on the importance of knowing facts about reproduction.
Knowing the facts about reproduction is important as it provides us the knowledge about the formation of new life. It also provides a scientific understanding of terms like gestation period, pregnancy, fetus, birth control, menstruation, copulation, and continuation of species.
An individual should have a basic understanding of males' and females' reproductive systems and structures and their role in producing new life on earth.
It will also impart knowledge on producing a limited number of offspring and their role in population increase.
Reproduction in living organisms is the vital process of producing offspring that are biologically or genetically similar to the parent organism.
It is essential to maintain the continuity of species on the earth.
For example: If there are only 20 Tigers in the forest and if they do not reproduce, new tigers will not be added to the existing population and species can extinct from the forest.
Sexual reproduction brings about maximum variations in the offsprings as it involves the fusion of two different gametes (male and female gametes) from two different individuals.
The basic difference between the asexual and sexual methods of reproduction are:
|Asexual Reproduction||Sexual Reproduction|
|In asexual reproduction, the offspring arises from a single type of parent.||In sexual reproduction, the offspring arises from two different sexes of parents or involves two different types of gametes.|
|Example: Amoeba, Hydra, Planaria, Spirogyra, etc.||Example: Dog, Tiger, Human being, etc.|
- Interesting Facts about Java
- Differentiate between long put and short call
- Explain about the long position and short position
- Interesting Facts about C Programming
- 10 Surprising Facts about the Human Brain
- Interesting facts about strings in Python
- Interesting facts about null in Java
- What are the interesting facts about Computer Viruses?
- Interesting facts about Increment and Decrement operators in Java
- What are the interesting facts about the Nobel Prize?
- Write about trading accounts on financial statements.
- Write about profit and loss(P/L) on financial statement.
- What are some interesting facts about space?
- Interesting facts about Array assignment in Java
- Who built the golden temple and what are some interesting facts about it?