Excellent tutorial. P6 Primavera Intermediary course. kk reddy
Primavera P6 Intermediate
Learn Primavera P6 from scratch
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -1 hours
This course follows on from my Primavera P6 Beginners Course. The Course Objectives cover the fundamental steps bring your skills up to Intermediate Level. The concepts taught in the course will apply to the schedule development of small to mega projects.
The course content applies all of the P6 releases from Version 8.3 onwards. It is designed to be viewed in conjunction with Primavera P6 which is available as a demo download from the Oracle website.
If you are a Project Manager, Project Scheduler, Project Controller, Engineer, Cost Controller, or anyone else who wishes to upgrade their Primavera P6 skills, then this course is for you.
You could also be migrating your skills from one of the other Planning Software Packages and want to get up and running quickly in Primavera P6.
You will find that the principles of scheduling you will learn in this course follow the guidelines for the DCMA 14-point Schedule Assessment Checking. This is often a pre-requisite of many companies today.
Is preferable, but not essential that the Primavera P6 for Beginners course has been completed because much of the scheduling material would have already been developed by the student. All relevant reference material will be available for download, as well as the required XER project file.
As with all of my courses, I provide a comprehensive real-world exercise (that I have personally worked on) for students to complete in their own time. Answers to exercise questions will be provided in a final session. I encourage all students to complete the exercise
Who this course is for?
Project controls, Engineers or technical personnel who want to learn or upgrade their project scheduling skills.
What will you learn in this course:
- Import and Export Projects in Primavera P6
- Create Resources
- Assign Resources
- Activity / Resource Usage and Assignments
- Create Activity Codes
- Assign Activity Codes
- Group and Sort Activities
- Create and Apply Filters
- Progress your Baseline Project
- Complete a real-world Scheduling Exercise
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic Understanding and Use of Primavera P6
- Preferably (but not essential) to have completed Primavera P6 for Beginners
- Primavera P6 Software 8.3 and above (Trial version can be obtained from the Oracle E-delivery website)
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 02:55 02:55
- Importing and Exporting P6 Projects 04:54 04:54
- Creating Resources 08:16 08:16
- Assigning Resources 04:06 04:06
- Activity / Resource Usage and Assignments 13:56 13:56
- Creating Activity Codes 06:50 06:50
- Assigning Activity Codes 08:01 08:01
- Grouping and Sorting Activities 10:14 10:14
- Create and Apply Filters (including Stacked Histograms) 11:43 11:43
- Creating and Applying Baselines and Progressing your Baseline Project 08:54 08:54
- Scheduling Exercise (Up to 2 hours to complete) 08:35 08:35
- Scheduling Exercise Outcome 01:29 01:29
Stone River eLearning
At Stone River eLearning, technology is all we teach. If you're interested in IT, programming, development or design - we have it covered.
Check out our huge catalog of courses and join the over 1,200,000+ students currently taking Stone River eLearning courses. We currently offer 800+ different technology training courses on our Stone River eLearning website and are adding new courses on hot and trending topics every month. A subscription option is available for those with a real passion for learning.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now