Photography - Individual & Family Posing - Live Sessions
Dramatically improve your portraits with these easy relaxed posing techniques. Flatter your subjects & they'll love you!
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Follow me on live photo sessions with individuals, couples, 'fuller figure' subjects, young and older siblings and large and extended families and watch how I pose them to overcome their natural tendencies to sit or stand like statues and to get some great portraits.
- Real life indoor and outdoor photo sessions
- Warts and all posing i.e. some of them don't quite work, and I say why!
- Mostly non-model real live people, like you and me,
- Create beautiful family photos by getting your lovely subjects into more natural, relaxed and flattering positions..
- Practice the easy steps in this course and it will pay huge dividends in your portraits
- PDF crib sheets are available for most of lectures, keep them with you
Models aside, the majority of us are not aware of our natural and unconscious body positions and so we don't usually present ourselves as well as we might. For example, most of us tend not to be concerned with where or how we place our hands and arms, tilt our heads, or position our feet. This course shows how I handle that problem, and how I position and pose people to get great results.
Posing is a powerful skill that will transform your portraits, not only can you copy the ones demonstrated in the videos, but understanding the general basic dynamics of a good pose, will help you to create your own.
Each video has a short introduction and summary of the photo session that just took place, it's then followed by the live photo session.
What will you learn in this course:
- Improve your portraits using these great live photo session posing tips
- Easily create your own poses, once you understand the basic principles
- Confidently pose individuals, couples and families, real people, not models
- Learn to pose individuals, male and female
- Learn to pose couples and young and older siblings
- Learn to pose mum, dad and children
- Learn to pose 'fuller figure' subjects
- Learn to pose large family groups
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Because this is a non-technical course, any type of camera will suffice, DSLR, Mirrorless, Compact or even a Smartphone will be fine
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction and overview 02:22 02:22
Bernie RaffeAward winning portrait & (ex) wedding photographer
Bernie is a professional photographer based in the UK, and has been passionate about photography ever since his parents bought him his first camera when he was just 11 years old (a Kodak Brownie 127)!
He's qualified as a photographer to 'Associate' level with both the MPA (Master Photographers Association), and the SWPP (Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers) in the UK.
Bernie loves sharing his passion for photography, and students really enjoy his fun teaching style which has earned him over 100 five star reviews. These entertaining and informative films will demonstrate, without blinding you with science, how you can be a better photographer, taking more creative and dramatic photos that will wow your friends and family.
He is in demand as a speaker to other professionals and to beginner and keen amateurs at camera clubs... he's also an occasional guest speaker on cruise ships.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now