- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Write the molecular formula of the following:
(i) Hexane (ii) Benzene
The molecular formula for
Hexane is C6H14
Benzene is C6H6
- Related Articles
- Write down (i) structural formula, and (ii) electron-dot formula, of any one isomer of hexane (C6 H14), other than n-hexane.
- Write the molecular formula of the following compounds:
- (a) Give the name and structural formula of one member each of the following:(i) alkane ; (ii) alkene ; (iii) alkyne ; (iv) cycloalkane. (b) Give the common name of (i) ethyne, and (ii) ethene. (c) Write the molecular formula and structure of benzene.
- Write the molecular formula of ethanol.
- Write the number of covalent bonds in the following molecules:(i) Ethane (ii) Propane (iii) Hexane (iv) Pentane (v) Butane
- Write the molecular formula of :(i) an alkane ; (ii) an alkene ; (iii) an alkyne, each having 20 carbon atoms.
- (a) Giving their structures, state the number of single bonds, double bonds and triple bonds(if any) following compounds:(i) ethyne (ii) ethene (iii)benzene (b) Write the molecular formula and structure of cyclohexane. How many covalent bonds are there in the molecule of cyclohexane?
- Structural formula of benzene is"
- Write the names of any two isomers represented by the molecular formula C5H12.
- Write the molecular formula of ethene and draw its electron dot structure.
- Write the chemical formula of (i) soda ash and (ii) sodium carbonate decahydrate.
- Write the structural formulae of all the isomers of hexane.
- (a) Draw the structures for the following compounds:(a) Propanone (b) Butanone (b) Write the IUPAC names of the following: (i) HCHO (ii) CH3CHO (iii) CH3CH2CHO (iv) CH3CH2CH2CHO (c) Which functional group is likely to be present in an organic compound having the molecular formula C4H10O? Write the formula of the organic compound.
- Write the IUPAC name of the following :(i) CH3COCH3 (ii) CH3COCH2CH3
- (a) Define the term ‘isomer’.(b) Two compounds have same molecular formula C3H6O. Write the name of these compounds and their structural formula.(c) How would you bring the following conversions :(i) Ethanol to ethene(ii) Propanol to propanoic acid