- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
with pendulum as an example explain the law of conservation of energy.
Law of conservation of energy with the help of a pendulum:
Law of conservation of energy states that energy neither can be created nor destroyed, it can be only transformed from one form to another form of energy.
A simple pendulum is an example of conservation of energy. It can be understood as:
1. At center position B only Potential energy it has.
2. While moving down towards center A Potential energy starts decreasing and kinetic energy starts increasing.
3. At center A Potential energy is zero and the bob of pendulum has only kinetic energy.
4. While the bob moving from center A to Extreme position B kinetic energy starts decreasing and potential energy starts increasing.
5. At extreme position C the pendulum has only potential energy.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started