- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why viruses do not show characteristics until they enter the human body?
Viruses are non-cellular organisms that consist of a nucleic acid core (DNA or RNA) surrounded by a protein coat. They lack any membranes. Hence, they don't show living characteristics until they enter a living host or living cell to multiply.
The nucleic acid encodes the unique genetic information for each virus. The shape and size of viruses are determined by the amount and arrangement of the proteins and nucleic acid.
- Related Articles
- Why do human beings feel pain in the body?
- Why don't viruses respond outside a living body?
- Why are viruses not classified as microorganisms?
- How Viruses multiply themselves inside the body?
- Why do acids not show acidic behaviour in the absence of water?
- Why were Primary Markets not active in India until the 80s?
- Why the number of bones reduces in the human body?
- Why Viruses Are Not Seen Under the Category of Main Types of Microorganisms?
- List Four Functions of the Human Heart. Why Is Double Circulation Necessary in The Human Body?
- Why Do Caterpillars Need To Shed Their Skin When They Grow Bigger But We Humans Do Not ??
- HCl and HNO3 show acidic characteristics in aqueous solution, while alcohol and glucose solutions do not. Give reasons.
- Why do body cells require oxygen?
- How do Firewalls prevent computer viruses?
- Do action and reaction act on the same body or different bodies ? How are they related in magnitude and direction ? Are they simultaneous or not ?
- What is the Human Body?