- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why the animal cell does not have a cell wall?
Plant cells have cell walls while animal cells do not have cell walls because they do not need them.
Plants need a rigid structure to support as well as to defend themselves whereas, animals do not possess any type of cell wall because animals can move, they are not static in one particular place, therefore they need to be flexible.
This rigidity acts as an exoskeleton and allows plants to stand upright without.
If animals would have cell walls in the same way as plants, they wouldn't be capable of movement.
- Related Articles
- Why does our urine does not have any blood cell?
- Why cell wall is present only in plant cells and not in animal cells? (Explain in simple words)
- Why Permanent Tissues Do Not Have Cell Division?
- One of the following does not have a nucleus. This one is:(a) red blood cell (b) white blood cell (c) guard cell (d) epidermal cell
- Does Every Cell Have a Nucleus?
- Explain Cell Wall.
- What gives shape to a plant cell? Cell membrane or cell wall?
- Show the animal cell and all its cell organelles.
- What is Cell Wall?
- What are the differences between Plant Cell and Animal Cell?
- What is an animal cell?
- Why the name of cell is cell?
- Difference between Plant and Animal Cell.
- Identify the part which contain pigment:(a) Cell membrane(b) Plastid(c) Centrosome(d) Cell wall
- Animal cells divide by centrioles, but through which organelle does a plant cell divide?