- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why does the water spilled on the floor disappear after some time?
Due to evaporation, the water spilled is changed into water vapor. Hence, it disappears after some time.
The process by which a liquid changes into vapor form, below its boiling point, is known as Evaporation.
The various factors that affect evaporation are:
1. Temperature: The rate of evaporation increases with the increasing temperature. The rate of evaporation and temperature are proportional to each other.
2. Surface area: The rate of evaporation increases with the increased surface area. The rate of evaporation and surface area are proportional to each other.
3. Humidity: The rate of evaporation decreases with an increase in humidity. The rate of evaporation and humidity are inversely proportional to each other.
4. Wind speed: The rate of evaporation increases with wind speed. The rate of evaporation and wind speed are proportional to each other.]
- Related Articles
- Why do wet clothes placed on a clothes line get dry after some time? Explain.
- Why does one get hurt on jumping from a great height to the floor?
- A balloon when kept in sun, bursts after some time. Why?
- Take out a cooled bottle of water from refrigerator and keep it on a table. After some time you notice a puddle of water around it. Why?
- Why does a ship float on water but the needle sink?
- A girl weighing $25\ kg$ stands on the floor. She exerts a downward force of $250\ N$ on the floor. What force does the floor exert on her ?
- You spill a bucket of soapy water on a marble floor accidently. Would it make easier or more difficult for you to walk on the floor? Why?
- You spill a bucket of soapy water on a marble floor accidentally. Would it make it easier or more difficult for you to walk on the floor? Why?
- Why does the hot tea become cold after sometime?
- Silver metal does not combine easily with oxygen but silver jewellery tarnishes after some time. How?
- How the forest floor does not get the sunlight?
- Why does the city's air quality deteriorate after Diwali?
- Why do some Python functions have underscores \"__\" before and after the function name?
- Explain why, naphthalene balls kept in stored clothes in our homes disappear over a period of time.
- A ball moving on a surface stops after travelling some distance. Does it violate the first law of motion? Explain.