- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why are plants called producers?
Green plants prepare their own food from simple inorganic substances like carbon dioxide and water by using sunlight energy in the presence of chlorophyll. Hence, they are known as producers.
- Related Articles
- Why plants are called autotrophs?
- Why plants are called flora?
- What are fruits of cotton plants called?
- Why are plants so useful?
- Why integers are called integers?
- Why plants are of green colour?
- Why are South Africans called ‘Protease’?
- Why lichens are called dual organism?
- Which of the following statement is incorrect?(a) all green plants and blue green algae are producers(b) green plants get their food from readymade organic compounds(c) producers prepare their own food from inorganic compounds(d) plants convert solar energy into chemical energy
- Why are metals called electropositive elements whereas non-metals are called electronegative elements?
- Why do plants are differentiated into different parts of the plants?
- Why are TV serials called daily soaps?
- Why cow and buffalo are called Ruminants?
- Why sound waves are called mechanical waves?
- Why are natural numbers called counting numbers?