- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of them is or are the adaptive features of a polar bear?
(a) Layer of fat under the skin
(b) Layer of fat under the skin and long, curved and sharp claws
(c) Layer of fat under the skin, long curved and sharp claws and slippery body
(d) Layer of fat under the skin, long curved and sharp claws and thick white fur
Correct Answer: (d) Layer of fat under the skin, long curved and sharp claws and thick white fur
Explanation:The adaptation of Polar Bears are:
1. A white appearance - works as a camouflage, which saves them from being prey on the snow and ice.
2. Large feet - help to distribute their body weight and increase grip on the ice.
3. Thick layers of fat and fur - behaves as insulation against the cold.
4. A greasy coat that sheds water after swimming - helps in reducing heat loss.
5. Muscle hump over the shoulder- helps in catching large/big prey.
6. Small round ears- don't allow the cold waters to enter into the ears.
7. Keen sense of smell- helps to search their prey easily even below the thick layer of ice.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started