- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following is not an example of a bio-mass energy source?
$(c)$ nuclear energy
Correct Answer is : $(c)$ nuclear energy
Biomass is the organic matter like dead parts of plants and trees and the waste material of animals which are used as a fuel to produce energy.
Examples of biomass energy:
Wood, agricultural wastes, cow dung, and biogas are some examples of biomass energy.
Nuclear energy $(Atomic\ energy)$ is also known as nuclear energy refers to the energy released through fission and fusion of the nucleus of an atom to generate heat and electricity.
Examples of Nuclear energy-
Solar energy produced due to nuclear fusion and electricity generated by an atomic reactor are examples of nuclear energy.
Therefore, nuclear energy is not an example of a bio-mass energy source as it is derived from atomic fusion or atomic fission.
Therefore, option [$(c)$ nuclear energy ] is correct.
- Related Articles
- How to change the height of br tag?
- Most of the sources of energy we use represent stored solar energy. Which of the following is not ultimately derived from the Sun’s energy?$(a)$ geothermal energy$(b)$ wind energy$(c)$ nuclear energy$(d)$ bio-mass.
- Calculate the molecular mass of hydrogen bromide (HBr).(Atomic masses: H = 1 u; Br = 80 u)
- Pick out the chemically most reactive elements from the given triads. Li, Na, KF, CI, BrLi and FLi and Br K and FK and Br
- Arrange the following elements in increasing order of their atomic radii.(a) Li, Be, F, N(b) Cl, At, Br I
- Write the molecular formula of first two members of homologous series having functional group -Br.
- Coal is said to be formed from the wood of trees. Why then is coal considered to be a non-renewable source of energy whereas wood is a renewable source of energy?
- Which of the following sources of energy are not derived from the sun?Biomass, Wind, Ocean thermal energy, Geothermal energy, Nuclear fuels, Hydroelectricity, Wave energy, Coal, Petroleum, Tidal energy.
- Nuclear fission reactions are not a source of energy for one of the following. This is:(a) atom bomb (b) power plants (c) sun (d) pacemaker
- Which of the following is the ultimate source of energy?(a) Water (b) Sun (c) Fossil fuels (d) Uranium
- (a) What are the advantages of nuclear energy?(b) State the disadvantages of nuclear energy?
- Which one of the following statements is not true about nuclear energy generation in a nuclear reactor?(A) Energy is obtained by a process called nuclear fission.(B) The nucleus of Uranium is bombarded with high energy neutrons.(C) A chain reaction is set in the process.(D) In this process a tremendous amount of energy is released at a controlled rate.
- The energy possessed by an oscillating pendulum of a clock is: (a) kinetic energy(b) potential energy(c) restoring energy(d) mechanical energy
- Name one source of energy which is not derived from solar energy directly of indirectly.
- (a) Classify the following into renewable and non-renewable sources of energy: Coal, Wind, Tides, Petroleum, Wood, Natural gas (b) What is the basis of above classification?