- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which component is used to regulate current without changing the voltage source in an electric circuit?
A component used to regulate current without changing the voltage source in an electric circuit is called variable resistance or rheostat.
A rheostat is an electrical device which is used to control the flow of electric current or the varying resistance in an electric circuit by manually increasing or decreasing the resistance, which in turn, either increases or decreases the current through the circuit.
In an electric circuit, if the circuit resistance is lowered, the electric current flowing through the circuit increases. Conversely, if the circuit resistance is increased, the electric current flowing through the circuit gets limited.
- Related Articles
- Overview of Electric Current, Voltage, and Resistance Electric Current
- Voltage to Current Converters – Definition, Circuit, Types
- Give the symbol of an electric fuse used in circuit diagrams.
- Fill in the blanks :$(a)$. A device that is used to break an electric circuit is called _______________.$(b)$. An electric cell has _______________
- What is an electric circuit?
- Fill in the blanks 1. A device that is used to break an electric circuit is called __________2. An electric cell has _______ terminals
- Fill in the blanks :$(a)$. A device that is used to break an electric circuit is called ___________.$(b)$. An electric cell has _______________ terminals.
- Name the effect of current responsible for the glow of the bulb in an electric circuit.
- a) Define electric current. What is the SI unit of electric current?b) One coulomb of charge flows through any cross-section of a conductor in 1 second. What is the current flowing through the conductor?c) Which instrument is used to measure electric current? How should it be connected in a circuit?d) What is the conventional direction of the flow of electric current? How does it differ from the direction of the flow of electrons?e) A flash of lightning carries 10C of charge which flows for 0.01s. What is the current? If the voltage is 10MV, what is the energy?
- a) What is an electric current? What makes an electric current flow in a wire?b) Define the unit of electric current(or Define Ampere).
- What is the usual capacity of an electric fuse used (i) in the lighting circuit, and (ii) in the power circuit, of a small house?
- Name an instrument that measures electric current in a circuit.Define the unit of electric current.What do the following symbols mean in circuit diagrams?An electric circuit consisting of a 0.5 m long nichrome wire XY\n
- Which chemical is used in electric cells ?
- Explain the importance of switch in an electric circuit.
- What is the principle of an electric motor? Name some of the devices in which electric motor are used.